Cobalt harnesses the transformative power of automation to elevate standards of physical safety and security in the workplace. We strive to eradicate mundane, repetitive tasks and empower people to do what they love. Eliminating these time-consuming tasks means workplace teams can focus on serving employees with empathy.
Would you like to be a part of this journey?
Cobalt’s team is changing the way companies approach workplace safety and security. Today, Cobalt robots are responding to alarms, conducting site safety checks and greeting visitors in hundreds of locations across the globe. Our proven robotics platform integrates smoothly into workplace culture and delivers a memorable user experience.
Solutions Engineers at Cobalt Robotics are the first line of defense in maintaining Cobalt’s 150+ robot fleet. They triage and resolve bugs, configure and deploy robots (remotely) to new customer sites, and set up new integrations with doors, elevators, and alarm systems. They are also the first engineers to respond to customer concerns and improve the robot performance to better meet the customer’s needs. This is a full-time, remote position (in person/hybrid schedule is also an option if you are close to one of our offices). Although they do not develop software full time, Solutions Engineers work constantly with the robots and the software, and they will develop features and fix bugs to improve the fleet as the need arises. Our current Solutions Engineers enjoy the variety and the excitement of the position, and the ideal candidate will be adaptable, flexible, and eager to hone a variety of robotics-related skills.
Applicants must have have US citizenship OR be currently living in the US.
What You’ll Do at Cobalt
- Implement the Cobalt service for customers
- Communicate technical information to technical and non-technical customer audiences
- Configure and test new customer deployments, including mapping, physical integrations, etc
- Identify, reproduce and root-cause issues related to the robot or customer systems
- Prepare robots and integrations for prospective customer demos
- Participate in an on-call rotation to maintain the robot fleet
- Develop new robotics features and fix software bugs as the need arises
- Work closely with the engineering team to solve fleet management and customer issues
- Develop a deep understanding of how the Cobalt robot operates
What you need:
- BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Robotics, Mechatronics, or a related field
- Industry software engineering experience (full time or internship)
- Python and/or C++ experience in a Linux environment
- System administration and command-line experience on Linux platforms
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Excitement to learn about many different pieces of technology, from our robots to our web infrastructure
- Experience with Robot Operating System (ROS)
- Experience with network configuration (especially in Linux)
- Experience with hardware
Interested? Apply now!
Curious to see the robot? Check out our YouTube.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.