Advancing the World’s Technology Together
Our technology solutions power the tools you use every day--including smartphones, electric vehicles, hyperscale data centers, IoT devices, and so much more. Here, you’ll have an opportunity to be part of a global leader whose innovative designs are pushing the boundaries of what’s possible and powering the future.
We believe that innovation and growth are driven by an inclusive culture and a diverse workforce. We’re dedicated to empowering people to be their true selves. Together, we’re building a better tomorrow for our employees, customers, partners, and communities.
What You’ll Do
Technical professionals are defined by what they create. Samsung has the risk taking corporate culture, strategic R&D investments and global know-how to imagine, develop and market products that lead the industry. Samsung’s OPC Lab located in San Jose, CA is currently recruiting world-class engineers who share our “Innovation through passion” philosophy and thrive in a fast-pace, results-driven environment. Ready to re-imagine yourself? Imagine who you can become at Samsung.
We are looking for a passionate Machine Learning Engineer that can help to drive next generation chip making and continue the Moore’s Law.
Location: Hybrid, working onsite at our San Jose, CA headquarters 3 days a week, with the flexibility to work remotely the remainder of your time the remainder of your time.
Job ID: 41139
- Develop machine learning model to reduce error of physical model.
- Develop machine learning model to improve correction results.
- Develop machine learning pipeline.
- Deploy machine learning model and integrate to full chip correction flow (C++/CUDA).
- Report issues with clear communication and reports.
- Provide ownership and collaborate with other developers and testing engineers to drive the software quality and performance.
What You Bring
- PhD in Electrical Engineering and Computer Science preferred.
- Fundamental knowledge in machine learning.
- Hands on experience in data processing, network design, loss function construction, tuning, validation etc. as well as model deployment.
- Fundamental knowledge in imaging processing.
- Proficient in C++/Python.
- Debugging skills.
- You’re inclusive, adapting your style to the situation and diverse global norms of our people.
- An avid learner, you approach challenges with curiosity and resilience, seeking data to help build understanding.
- You’re collaborative, building relationships, humbly offering support and openly welcoming approaches.
- Innovative and creative, you proactively explore new ideas and adapt quickly to change.
Our total rewards programs are designed to motivate and engage exceptional talent. The pay range for roles at this level across all US locations and job function is displayed below. Within the base pay range, individual rates depend on a number of factors—including the role’s function and location as well as the individual’s knowledge, skills, experience, education and training. This is part of our comprehensive compensation package with annual bonus eligibility and generous benefits to help you live life well
Base Pay Range
What We Offer
An investment in your future, is an investment in ours. That’s why we offer a diverse benefits package centered around the wellbeing of our employees and their loved ones. In addition to competitive compensation and the usual Medical/Dental/Vision/401k, our inclusive curation of benefits empower our people to care for their whole selves.
Give Back With a charitable giving match and frequent opportunities to get involved, we take an active role in supporting the community.
Enjoy Time Away You’ll start with 4+ weeks of paid time off a year, plus holidays and sick leave, to rest and recharge.
Care for Family Whatever family means to you, we want to support you along the way—including a stipend for fertility care or adoption, medical travel support, and an errand service.
Prioritize Emotional Wellness With on-demand apps and paid therapy sessions, you’ll have support no matter where you are.
Stay Fit Eating well and being active are important parts of a healthy life. Our onsite Café and gym, plus virtual classes, make it easier.
Embrace Flexibility Benefits are best when you have the space to use them. That’s why we facilitate a flexible environment so you can find the right balance for you.
To help keep our employees, customers, and communities safe, we’ve developed guidelines for our teams. Currently, we encourage vaccination for all employees, and may require it depending on job functions (e.g., traveling for business, meeting with customers). While visiting our offices or attending team events, we ask employees to complete a daily health questionnaire and complete a weekly COVID test. Our COVID policies are subject to change depending on public health, regulatory and business circumstances.
Equal Opportunity Employment Policy
Samsung Semiconductor is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and affirmative action employer. We’re committed to fostering an inclusive environment where everyone feels welcomed and empowered to do their best work. We hire the best talent for our teams, regardless of race, religion, color, age, disability, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, ancestry, genetic information, marital status, national origin, political affiliation, or veteran status. Our focus is on hiring teammates with humble expertise, kindness, dedication and a willingness to embrace challenges and learn together every day.