We’re Cruise, a self-driving service designed for the cities we love.
We’re building the world’s most advanced, self-driving vehicles to safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about. We believe self-driving vehicles will help save lives, reshape cities, give back time in transit, and restore freedom of movement for many.
Cruisers have the opportunity to grow and develop while learning from leaders at the forefront of their fields. With a culture of internal mobility, there’s an opportunity to thrive in a variety of disciplines. This is a place for dreamers and doers to succeed.
If you are looking to play a part in making a positive impact in the world by advancing the revolutionary work of self-driving cars, join us.
The Operations Excellence team is looking for a continuous improvement team lead to spearhead process standardization as Cruise scales to new markets in 2023 and beyond. Ops Excellence is the team within operations focused on the building and improvement of processes. In this position, you will be a key member of a fast-paced operations team as we design best-in-class processes to scale fully driverless fleets in several markets across the United States and internationally. We’re looking for smart, adaptable people who are excited by the idea of working on groundbreaking mobility technology!
What you’ll be doing:
Create and drive a strategic growth plan for the continuous improvement team as Cruise adds multiple new markets in 2023+.
Identify, measure, track, and report on key metrics that represent success for the team.
Identify new areas of opportunity for high-impact initiatives such as resource optimization and waste reduction, and empower a high-performing team to achieve them.
Go hands-on regularly, leading by example to promote a "go and see" culture within ops and to observe and interact with our ops teams firsthand.
Lead collaboration across ops, engineering, hardware, program management, data analytics, strategy, quality, and other teams at Cruise to deliver optimization results that positively impact Commercial Ops topline metrics.
Leverage your key metrics and initiatives to resolve problems with fleet deployment, charging and maintenance bottlenecks, and other fleet operational processes, with the goal of improving vehicle uptime and product quality while minimizing cost.
What you must have:
8+ years of people management and continuous improvement experience in fast-paced environments.
BS or equivalent years of experience.
Strong analytical problem solving and critical thinking skills including extensive expertise in Excel/Google Sheets.
Very comfortable operating in an ambiguous and dynamic startup environment with an evolving project scope.
Thrives when working independently; proactive and energetic communicator across all levels of the organization.
Able to ramp up quickly in numerous new technical areas.
Advanced degree in related field.
Certification in Lean Six Sigma.
Experience in rideshare, mobility, fleet management, or at a startup or tech company.
Simulation modeling experience.
The salary range for this position is $143,700 - 211,200. Compensation will vary depending on location, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. You may also be offered a bonus, restricted stock units, and benefits. These ranges are subject to change.
- Our benefits are here to support the whole you:
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and lifeinsurance
- Subsidized mental health benefits
- One Medical membership
- Flexible Spending Account
- Monthly wellness stipend
- 401(k) match
- Paid time off: vacation, sick, public health emergency, jury duty, bereavement and company holidays.
- Paid parental, family care and medical leave
- Family care benefits: fertility benefits, Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account (subsidized by Cruise).
- Non-remote employees: Pre-tax Commuter Benefit Plan, healthy meals and snacks
- CruiseFlex - a working policy for US-Based Cruisers that lets you and your manager find what working style is best for you, whether it’s primarily in-person, primarily at home or a combination of home and in-office time.
- We’re Integrated
- Through our partnerships with General Motors and Honda, we are the only self-driving company with fully integrated manufacturing at scale.
- We’re Funded
- GM, Honda, Microsoft, T. Rowe Price & Walmart have invested billions in Cruise. Their backing for our technology demonstrates their confidence in our progress, team, and vision and makes us one of the leading autonomous vehicle organizations in the industry. Our deep resources greatly accelerate our operating speed.
- We’re Independent
- We have our own governance, board of directors, equity, and investors. Our independence allows us to not just work on the edge of technology, but also define it.
- We’re Vested
- You won’t just own your work here, you’ll have the potential to own equity in Cruise, too. We are competing in a market that is projected to grow exponentially, which gives our company valuation room to grow.
- Recurring Liquidity Opportunity (RLO) - a unique equity program where employees, both current and former, have the option to sell any amount of their vested equity on a recurring basis, currently quarterly.
- We’re Safety Conscious
- We integrate #staysafe, our top priority at Cruise, into our everyday work. Through our Safety Management System, every Cruiser is asked to do their part by reporting any potential issues or hazards they observe and making continuous improvements. You’ll be able to contribute to safety at Cruise, no matter your job function or title.
Cruise LLC is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to create a supportive and inclusive workplace where contributions are valued and celebrated, and our employees thrive by being themselves and are inspired to do the best work of their lives.
We seek applicants of all backgrounds and identities, across race, color, ethnicity, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or parental status, or disability. Applicants will not be discriminated against based on these or other protected categories or social identities. Cruise will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, in accordance with applicable laws.
Cruise is committed to the full inclusion of all applicants. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process please let our recruiting team know or email [email protected]
We proactively work to design hiring processes that promote equity and inclusion while mitigating bias. To help us track the effectiveness and inclusivity of our recruiting efforts, please consider answering the following demographic questions. Answering these questions is entirely voluntary. Your answers to these questions will not be shared with the hiring decision makers and will not impact the hiring decision in any way. Instead, Cruise will use this information not only to comply with any government reporting obligations but also to track our progress toward meeting our diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging objectives.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Cruise does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Furthermore, Cruise does not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved partners.