Trading Systems Engineer
Confirmed live in the last 24 hours
Chicago, IL, USA
Quality Assurance (QA)
- Work as part of a team to establish best-in-class production support, efficient software deployment, configuration processes, and proactive monitoring, with a goal of anticipating and avoiding issues before they occur, minimizing downtime and quick recovery from any incidents
- Ensure maximum trading system availability to avoid missing any key trading opportunities
- Provide support for various trading groups' production systems across a variety of asset classes and geographic locations deployed across a multi-platform production environment (primarily Linux with a little Windows)
- Develop proprietary process automation and monitoring tools and leverage third-party technologies as appropriate
- Troubleshoot trading system production incidents resulting from internal (proprietary software / systems) or external factors (markets, data feeds, telecommunication lines)
- Automate software configuration and rollout procedures to reduce manual configuration errors and strive for flawless change management
- Support core market connectivity and correspond with exchanges regarding trade order activity, connectivity, and other related technical support issues
- Collaborate with traders, DBAs, development, back office, QA, infrastructure, technical support, business development and various management teams around the globe
- Help end users and developers understand core trading and back-office systems to ensure efficient and correct use of available tools
- Build documentation for common procedures, troubleshooting scenarios and system architecture
- Coordinate efforts with other global support teams to ensure continuity and consistency of support in a 24x7 environment
- Superior troubleshooting skills and the ability to navigate issues efficiently that do not have a pre-defined runbook process
- Prior experience supporting high performance applications, process monitoring, and troubleshooting
- Prior experience supporting equities/equity options trading
- Prior experience working with FIX protocol and alternative exchange protocols
- Script development experience a plus
- SQL experience including queries/updates/table creation/basic database maintenance
- Linux & Windows platform support experience in a large-scale production environment
- Experience supporting electronic trading systems; prior experience at proprietary trading firm preferred
- Demonstrated knowledge of network communications, including use of multicast networking
- Must have some flexibility in work schedule to help ensure team coverage; rotating on-call coverage required
- B.S. in Computer Science or equivalent degree
- Self-motivation and intellectual curiosity; desire to continually grow and always seek improvements in production support function
- High level of ownership and accountability, reliability, and strong follow through
- Ability to handle pressure and time constraints with composure; ability to multitask and context switch efficiently
- Strong organizational skills, including ability to effectively plan and prioritize
- Must have strong communication skills and demonstrate the ability to have clear and concise conversations, both written and verbal, with a variety of personalities
- Must be able to quickly apply prior context to troubleshooting and communication efforts
Proprietary trading firm
DRW's mission is to build revolutionary finance. The company is doing this by building a system that applies modeling, technology and quantitative research to identify opportunities in the global financial markets.
- Daily catered breakfast & lunch
- Social events
- Gym subsidy
- Flexible work arrangements
- Monthly tastings
- Game room
- On-site yoga classes and meditation
- Employee led affinity groups
- Mentor/mentee outings
- Trivia nights
- Educational opportunities
- DRW-sponsored sports teams
- Poker tournament
- Private mother's suite
Company Core Values
- Integrity - In order to collaborate thoughtfully and build strong relationships, we value transparency and hold ourselves and our people accountable.
- Critical thought - We like solving problems and discussing technical and research topics. We question what we think we know.
- Learning - Continual growth and exploration, both formally and in our day-to-day interactions, helps build our skills individually and as a team.
- Challenge consensus - We achieve the highest standard of success by challenging our decision making every day. Our formula? Strong opinions, loosely held.
- Preparation - Always be prepared for the expected and the unexpected. We adapt as the markets evolve, and in-depth research helps us do that.
- Respect - Our work environment is diverse, and that diversity makes us stronger. We collaborate thoughtfully, and hold each other in high regard.
- Sense of urgency - In a fast-paced industry, we adapt and are always ready to act. Priorities shift, objectives evolve and we move quickly to adjust.