Insurance... sounds slow, old-fashioned, and unexciting. Exactly. Insurance is broken, and it’s failing fast-moving, innovative startups.
Vouch is a new, technology-first insurance company backed with $160M in funding from world-class investors. Like Stripe for payments or Brex for credit cards, Vouch is creating the go-to business insurance for high-growth companies.
We’re doing this by making insurance fast, responsive, and focused on our customers -high growth and innovative companies. Instead of printed PDF applications and week-long waits, Vouch is building new technology to solve real problems, writing policies that actually cover relevant startup scenarios, and designing simple experiences in an otherwise frustrating industry.
What does a work environment look like at Vouch?
Vouch is a Virtual First Workplace with office locations in SF and Chicago. This role can be based anywhere in the U.S. as long as you can work our Vouch core collaboration hours (8:30 am-2:30 pm Pacific Time.)
Program Management at Vouch
The Program Management Office (PMO) at Vouch is a centralized team within the Operations function. The PMO ensures teams are executing effectively against Vouch’s goals by facilitating planning, program management, and prioritization at all levels of the organization.
Building and delivering insurance is complex. As a vertically integrated Insurtech, it takes planning and coordination across many teams to launch novel insurance products for our customers. As a Program Manager (PGM) at Vouch, you’ll have the unique opportunity to drive and implement foundational practices we will use for managing cross-functional programs. You will initiate, plan and execute cross-team programs critical to Vouch’s growth. This starts with helping teams identify what work they need to do to meet their objectives, then assisting those teams in executing their work and tracking progress. You will communicate with cross-functional stakeholders and executive leadership, flagging risks, trade-offs, and potential blockers early and often. Once projects are rolled out, you will own change management, ensuring adoption across the organization. Finally, by coaching peers and sharing your expertise, you will help everyone at Vouch improve their project management and delivery. This role will report to the Chief of Staff.
A successful candidate will have a solid track record of program and project management, demonstrated excellent leadership, and superior organizational and communication skills in leading teams and programs to deliver successful outcomes.
- Drive, track and support the overall execution of high-impact, cross-functional programs. Create and manage project plans; monitor and review project progress and timelines; adjust schedules and plans as needed; ensure on-time and on-budget delivery of projects where possible
- Lead through influence without authority; identify opportunities for faster, more effective delivery, facilitate and influence participants and stakeholders accordingly
- Establish and maintain trusted relationships with cross-functional stakeholders by providing support where needed to allow them and their teams to execute more effectively
- Create and own a clear communication with stakeholders, management, and peers to ensure clarity around outcomes, dependencies, and risks, to drive cross-functional understanding and alignment
- Work with the PMO team to set house views on the standards and tools to be used across Vouch
- Build strong risk and issue management processes and associated deliverables to track issue management and risk mitigation
- 7+ years of professional experience managing cross-functional, large-scale programs
- B.S./B.A. degree or equivalent practical experience
- Experience driving multiple, concurrent initiatives and a demonstrated ability to drive results
- Experience with change management and influencing without authority
- Ability to quickly adapt to a faster pace, shifting priorities, demands, and timelines through analytical and problem-solving capabilities
- Superb organization skills, with impeccable attention to detail
- An excellent communicator and influencer who can build rapport and work well with various groups and levels of the organization
- Ability to connect business goals to executional deliverables
Nice to have:
- Exposure to and passion for early-stage startups and/or high growth environments
- A background in insurance or other regulated categories
- Direct experience working with software engineering leadership, technical teams, and individual contributors
Vouch provides a number of benefits to help you bring your best self to work:
- Competitive compensation and equity packages
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- Parental leave
- Flexible vacation time (Unlimited PTO)
- Wellness allowance ($80/month)
- Technology allowance ($100/month)
The pay range for this role is: $145,000 to $160,000 per year.
Our salary ranges are based on paying competitively for our size and industry and are one part of our total compensation package that also includes benefits and other perks. We also include stock options in all compensation packages and believe all Vouch employees should have the opportunity to become owners in the company.
Individual pay decisions are based on a number of factors, including qualifications for the role, experience level, skill set, location, and business need. The base pay range provided is subject to change and may be modified in the future.
Vouch believes in putting our people first and building a diverse team is at the front of everything that we do. We welcome people from different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and celebrate the diversity of our growing team.
If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please direct your inquiries to [email protected]. #LI-Remote