Senior Research Software Engineer
Confirmed live in the last 24 hours
Houston, TX, USA
- Experience as a senior software engineer
- Strong Python knowledge and experience working with data-scientists & researchers
- Ability to support and educate our researchers on best practices in software engineering
- Java or C++ experience working on backend infrastructure
- Experience delivering web-based user interfaces
- Demonstrated ability as a product / infrastructure owner
- Experience working with trading analysts & traders
- Experience deploying systematic trading strategies in a real time trading environment
- Work with researchers to implement research studies, analytics, and production models for commodities trading
- Define and maintain our Python development environment, tailored for data intensive workloads
- Build web user interfaces for data exploration and delivery of research results
- Build supporting infrastructure to make trading data sets accessible and useful to our researchers
- Manage production workflows for real-time forecasting, modelling and analytics in our Linux compute environment
- Support back testing & development of systematic trading strategies and deployment into our production trading environment
- Work with DRW's research infrastructure team to leverage our Linux computer cluster
- Work with our data management teams to refine our processes for data acquisition, storage and accessibility from our research workflows
- Collaborate with your peers at DRW as a subject matter expert to learn & contribute to research work across the firm
Proprietary trading firm
DRW's mission is to build revolutionary finance. The company is doing this by building a system that applies modeling, technology and quantitative research to identify opportunities in the global financial markets.
- Daily catered breakfast & lunch
- Social events
- Gym subsidy
- Flexible work arrangements
- Monthly tastings
- Game room
- On-site yoga classes and meditation
- Employee led affinity groups
- Mentor/mentee outings
- Trivia nights
- Educational opportunities
- DRW-sponsored sports teams
- Poker tournament
- Private mother's suite
Company Core Values
- Integrity - In order to collaborate thoughtfully and build strong relationships, we value transparency and hold ourselves and our people accountable.
- Critical thought - We like solving problems and discussing technical and research topics. We question what we think we know.
- Learning - Continual growth and exploration, both formally and in our day-to-day interactions, helps build our skills individually and as a team.
- Challenge consensus - We achieve the highest standard of success by challenging our decision making every day. Our formula? Strong opinions, loosely held.
- Preparation - Always be prepared for the expected and the unexpected. We adapt as the markets evolve, and in-depth research helps us do that.
- Respect - Our work environment is diverse, and that diversity makes us stronger. We collaborate thoughtfully, and hold each other in high regard.
- Sense of urgency - In a fast-paced industry, we adapt and are always ready to act. Priorities shift, objectives evolve and we move quickly to adjust.