We are looking for a Senior Ruby on Rails engineer who wants to join a small (but growing) team working on bringing web development fully into the browser. In this role, you will be developing the server and platform functionality that powers StackBlitz. You will be responsible for delivering high-quality code, creating and maintaining robust software applications, and collaborating with cross-functional teams to ensure the best possible outcome.
How you’ll contribute:
- Enhance the scalability and performance of our Ruby on Rails application
- Design, implement, and optimize data storage using PostgreSQL and object storage services
- Add new features and capabilities for teams, organizations, and communities
- Create integrations with other platforms and providers
- Develop and deliver application updates to our public and on-premise offerings
- Help with reviewing code from peers to ensure code quality, security, and best practices
This role will require proficiency with the following technologies:
- Ruby on Rails
Traits We’re Looking For:
- Ability to thrive in an ambiguous environment with a high degree of autonomy
- Ability to learn new technologies and systems quickly
- Empathy. For our customers, for the team, and for yourself
- Problem solving skills, a great attitude, and a desire to win together as a team
- Communication super powers, especially when discussing technical topics
Bonus Points For:
- Proficiency working with Docker and Kubernetes infrastructure
- Experience developing on-premise enterprise software
- No task to big or too small
- Not afraid to take on tasks outside of your core role
- Perpetual learning attitude
Absolutely NOT Required
- A college degree
- Being located in or authorized to work in the United States
- Having ALL of the skills/experience listed above. If you’re interested in the job, please apply!
StackBlitz is on a mission to bring web development into the browser. We are already trusted by over 1M developers every month. Our users are globally distributed and use StackBlitz for learning, collaboration, open source projects, and at work on world-class development teams.
You will feel at home on our team if you have trouble closing your laptop at the end of a long day of working on a particularly tricky problem, and at the same time recognize that a healthy personal life is more important than stressing about work during personal time. We all love to work hard and get stuff done, but know that optimal performance is achieved when we are fulfilled and happy in our personal lives.
Perks at StackBlitz
- 100% remote company
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage for employees and dependents (for US employees)
- Paid parental leave
StackBlitz = Equal Opportunity Employer
We are actively seeking to create a diverse work environment because teams are stronger with different perspectives and experiences. We encourage YOU, whoever you are to apply!
We do not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, religion, color, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. All employees and contractors of StackBlitz are responsible for maintaining a work culture free from discrimination and harassment by treating others with kindness and respect.