Data Infrastructure Engineer
Posted on 5/2/2022
- You have 2+ years of full-time, professional work experience using a modern programming language on a daily basis
- You have a good understanding of SQL
- You have some experience with or are interested in building and running data pipelines for large and complex datasets, including handling dependencies
- You have some hands-on cloud provider experience (preferably AWS)
- You are aware of the importance of data security and are passionate about privacy
- You can demonstrate impact that your work has had
- You care about your craft
- Competitive salary and equity in a fast-growing start-up
- We serve lunch every weekday, plus a variety of snack foods and a fully stocked kitchen
- Regular compensation reviews - we reward great work!
- Peace of mind with life assurance, as well as comprehensive health and dental insurance for you and your dependents
- Open vacation policy and flexible holidays so you can take time off when you need it
- Paid maternity leave, as well as 6 weeks paternity leave for fathers, to let you spend valuable time with your loved ones
- If you're cycling, we've got you covered on the Cycle-to-Work Scheme. With secure bike storage too
- MacBooks are our standard, but we're happy to get you whatever equipment helps you get your job done
- Develop, run and support our batch and real-time data pipelines processing petabyte-scale data on a daily basis using tools like Airflow, Kinesis, Redshift, Tableau and Superset, all in AWS
- Get to work in an environment where multiple different programming languages are used in a sophisticated manner. Python and SQL are our main languages, but we also regularly use shell scripts and Terraform to maintain our own CI/CD pipeline and the underlying infra
- Collaborate with product managers, go-to-market teams as well as data engineers, analysts and data scientists to build automation and tooling to support their needs in an environment where dozens of changes can be shipped daily. This includes a lot of quality-of-life tooling to automate away daily toil to help everyone focus on high value added tasks. Custom integrations between various services (github, coda, slack..) is a big part of this
- Implement systems to monitor what we have built, to detect and surface both bottlenecks and problems with the infra and data quality issues
- Help evolving the Data Platform by contributing to the design and implementation of the next generation of the stack
- Python as your main programming language. The vast majority of our codebase in the data infrastructure space is written in Python. Having a solid experience with it would result in a much easier onboarding
- Worked with Apache Airflow - we use Airflow extensively to orchestrate and schedule all of our data workflows. A good understanding of the quirks of operating Airflow at scale would be helpful
- A solid experience using core AWS technologies (Redshift, EC2, S3, Kinesis, IAM) including service integrations and automation via CLI and APIs
Intercom's mission is to make internet business personal. Their vision at Intercom is to bring a Messenger-first, personal experience, to all customer and business communication.
- We reward our people - All full-time Intercom employees are offered a rewards program that includes competitive base salary, bonus, equity, and benefits.
- We love to learn - There are so many opportunities here to learn and build a career. We support employees' growth by offering a wide range of continuing education options, including core skills, management training, and guided learning.
- We take employee wellbeing seriously - We offer comprehensive healthcare coverage, including medical, dental, and vision, as well as employee assistance programs and mental health resources. We also offer flexible time off, significant paid family leave, and more.
- The world has changed. So has the way we work - The majority of our employees say they prefer a hybrid model of work—some in-office time, some WFH—so that's our current approach. No matter what, though, we're committed to listening to our team.
- We’re optimistic and positive
- We think big and start small
- We obsess about our customers’ success
- We go further together
- We’re confident, yet humble
- We make every day count