At Retool, we’re changing the way software is built. We’ve developed the fastest way to build internal tools, saving companies time, resources, and engineering bandwidth. Whether it’s refunding orders, underwriting loans, managing marketplaces, rolling out new features, analyzing transactions, or providing customer support, Retool makes it dramatically faster and easier to build internal tools that teams need. We believe that the future of software development lies in being a force multiplier for developers and technical builders, helping them move considerably faster building a lot more software. We’re looking for highly collaborative people as we build a world-class team to support this mission and we’d love for you to join us!
WHY WE’RE LOOKING FOR YOU:
In the last year we’ve grown our revenue 3x and built a mighty sales team across North America. We’ve learned a lot, built some processes, and added many wonderful customers to the Retool community globally. A sizable portion of these customers are based in Europe and so we’re now excited to be scaling our teams globally. We are looking for great Account Executives to help our prospects and customers build internal tools quickly in EMEA, and with less friction. This is a unique, career defining opportunity for the right Account Executive to be part of our EMEA landing team and first boots on the ground to execute on our exciting global mission.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
We have aggressive goals, and to help us get there, you’ll own deals from start to finish. We’ll look to you to manage multiple deals concurrently, navigate org structures, and help alleviate our prospects’ pain points by showing them the possibility, value and impact of Retool. You’ll help to define our ideal customer profile in EMEA, as well as help to unlock whitespace for us in a new market. You will build your pipeline and you’ll collaborate with our deep bench of Sales Engineers to win deals across the board.
You’re comfortable running point on key deals, managing a book of business, and building a playbook for future team members. You’re adept at listening to, and engaging with, engineers—our buyers—and you have the know-how to navigate technical discussions and decisions. You’ll bring best practices, deep sales acumen, and a drive to close big deals quickly.
WHO YOU’LL WORK WITH:
You’ll work with our team of Sales Engineers (who are engineers themselves!), other Account Executives, and our SDR team. You’ll dive into sales forecasting meetings, partner with our sales leads, Head of Sales, CEO, and CTO to close banner deals, and work cross-functionally with Marketing and Engineering. You’ll also play a pivotal part in defining our sales culture in EMEA and be integral to helping global teams navigate a new market.
You’ll be joining a broader team of global Retools who are passionate about serving our customers, enjoy collaborating to build an incredibly innovative product, and partake in some occasional but well-intentioned sarcasm. If this sounds like you, we’d love to hear from you!
IN THIS ROLE, YOU WILL:
- Be first boots on the ground in Europe, defining our play book for existing and prospective European customers.
- Identify and qualify leads and develop them into high-value opportunities.
- Build relationships and establish communications at the highest executive levels in your accounts to understand their needs and priorities, and to speed up and simplify the deal process.
- Own the closing process, including negotiations and procurement activities.
- Keep Salesforce up to date with customer information, forecasts, and pipeline data so we can learn more about our business and our sales process.
- Develop and execute a strategic plan to meet monthly, quarterly and annual revenue objectives.
- Work with technical stakeholders and executives to identify opportunities for Retool to accelerate Engineering within their org.
- Partner with sales engineers and the executive team to create relationships within all levels of key accounts.
- Collaborate with Engineering to identify and deploy new features to continuously increase the value of Retool.
THE SKILLSET YOU’LL BRING:
- Experience hitting quota of $1M+ of ARR per year.
- A track record of success in driving consistent activity, pipeline development and quota achievement.
- 5-8+ years of sales experience preferred with an emphasis on developer tools, cloud infrastructure, databases, and/or business intelligence.
- A solution-based approach to selling and the ability to manage a complex sales process.
- Excellent presentation and listening skills, organization and contact management capabilities.
- A hands-on approach to learning technical concepts and leading technical discussions with stakeholders of all levels.
Retool offers generous benefits to all employees. For more information, please visit the benefits and perks section of our careers page!
At this time, Retool is only set up to employ in the US and UK.