Senior Data Scientist
Posted on 3/2/2023
Data Structures & Algorithms
Natural Language Processing (NLP)
- Advanced degree in a quantitative field, e.g. Computer Science, Operations Research, Mathematics
- 5+ years industry experience developing machine learning models at scale
- Experience taking research prototypes to production
- Proven ability to design analytical solutions to complex business problems and to partner cross-functional peers to tailor those solutions for the greatest possible impact
- Deep understanding of ML domains (e.g. NLP, computer vision, recommendation, anomaly detection, graph learning), algorithms (eg. deep learning, gradient boosted trees, optimization), and best practices, (e.g. skew minimization, A/B testing, feature engineering, model selection)
- Strong programming (Python / Scala / Java / C++ or equivalent) and data engineering skills
- Utilize OSS ML technologies such as PyTorch, TensorFlow, Spark, Airflow
- Versatility to communicate clearly with both technical and non-technical audiences
- Operate on the cutting edge of modern ML and build novel high-ROI features such as embeddings that can be shared in use cases across the company
- Developing NLP models to add intelligence to Airbnb's interactions with guests and hosts in messaging, customer service and more
- Building machine learning models to detect high risk activities like account takeovers, fake contents and fraudulent transactions, or high risk entities like fake accounts or stolen cards
- Utilizing Deep Learning techniques for advanced feature engineering and model building; e.g. how to model for user behavior sequences
- Working cross functionally with operations and product teams to define and collect labels for model training; leverage active learning and other human-in-the-loop techniques to improve ML efficiency
- Developing machine learning models to interact with the right users using the right content at the right time through the right marketing channels to optimize Airbnb's long term business impact, such as Guest Booking Propensity Model, Churn Prediction Model, Guest to Host Propensity Model
- Publications or presentations in recognized Machine Learning and Data Mining journals/conferences is a plus
Online marketplace for people to list, discover, and book accommodations
Airbnb's mission is to create a world where anyone can belong anywhere and we are focused on creating an end-to-end travel platform that will handle every part of your trip. The company is building a worldwide timeshare marketplace.
- Comprehensive health plans
- Paid volunteer time
- Healthy food and snacks
- Generous parental and family leave
- Learning and development
- Annual travel and experiences credit
Company Core Values
- Champion the Mission: We’re united with our community to create a world where anyone can belong anywhere.
- Be a Host: We’re caring, open, and encouraging to everyone we work with.
- Embrace the Adventure: We’re driven by curiosity, optimism, and the belief that every person can grow.
- Be a Cereal Entrepreneur: We’re determined and creative in transforming our bold ambitions into reality.