Data Infrastructure Engineering
Posted on 6/6/2022
Chicago, IL, USA
- Bachelors, Masters or PhD in technical field - Computer Science/Engineering, Math, Physics or equivalent completed upon employment
- Graduating by August 2023 or prior
- Demonstrated experience developing software on Linux using Java and/or Scala
- Ability to communicate complex technical topics in a clear and concise ways
- Passionate, pragmatic problem solver able to independently pursue solutions to complex problems
- Understanding of the core concepts of distributing computing, database design, and data storage
- Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required on the first day of employment including F-1 students using OPT or STEM
- Work closely with Developers, Quants, Traders and Support personnel to create and maintain datasets that play a key role in our business
- Design and build Scala/Python applications that provide performant access to our data
- Monitor and validate our data pipelines by building monitoring and analysis tools
- Gain exposure to the financial markets and trading through the development and use of our datasets
- Evaluate and select open source or proprietary tools required to meet our data requirements
- Familiarity with Docker, Kubernetes, Kafka, Flink/Spark/Kafka-Streams, or cloud technologies is a plus
Trading firm specializing in derivatives market-making
Akuna Capital is a proprietary trading firm specializing in derivatives market making and sophisticated modeling with a commitment to cutting-edge technology.
- Generous Paid Leave Policies - Vacation leave starting at 20 days per year that increases based on tenure, flexible sick leave, primary carer’s leave starting at 12 weeks, and volunteer time off.
- Medical & Retirement Packages - 100% coverage of monthly premiums for employees enrolled in Akuna’s BlueCross BlueShield offerings and dental and vision plans, as well as a 401(k) plan with company match.
- Wellness & Inclusion - Our employees have access to complimentary fitness and mindfulness events both in-person and virtually, as well as an in-building gym in our Chicago office. Additionally, our employee-led Culture Committee works together to continue building a healthy, positive, and inclusive work environment.
- Continuing Education - We are proud to offer firm-wide classes through our Akuna U program, access to webinars, digital books, and case studies via Safari, opportunities to attend conferences, and tuition reimbursements to make sure you keep learning!
- Social Events - We host happy hours, team outings and poker nights, sponsor a variety of employee-led clubs and sports teams, and offer volunteer opportunities to all employees.
- Kitchen & Games Room - Catch up over a coffee made to order by our in-house barista and grab a bite to eat in our stocked kitchen, or challenge a fellow coworker to a friendly ping pong match in our games room!
- Referral Bonuses - We want to reward you for helping us grow our awesome, hard-working team.
Company Core Values
- Rapid innovation through new technologies
- Collaborative flow of knowledge
- A thirst for individual growth and opportunity