Senior Purchasing Manager
Posted on 2/15/2023
Irvine, CA, USA
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Supply Chain, or Engineering
- 5+ years of construction related purchasing. procurement, or strategic sourcing experience
- 3+ years of purchasing construction related material and services
- 3+ years' experience with procurement software, preferably Coupa
- 5+ years MS Office
- Working knowledge of the construction labor market and materials/commodities market trends; demonstrated general contractor and subcontract experience
- Ability to travel up to 10% of the time
- Good interpersonal and communications skills
- High level of integrity
- Analytical skills to ensure both internal and external requests are fulfilled
- Attention to detail to ensure that the sourcing criteria meets the Stakeholder's requirements
- Ability to work independently, multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment
- Own the contractual process with suppliers by negotiating NDA's, General Terms & Conditions and Statements of Work
- Develop sourcing strategies by analyzing the supply base, market conditions, and future technologies
- Assist in market research. Identify potential sources by various indicators based on project requirements as well as Rivian' s goals related to sustainability, equity, and diversity. Prepare market surveys and document results of market research
- Identify potential suppliers, analyze capabilities, and develop commodity strategies and roadmaps for Rivian Stakeholders
- Expand opportunities to generate value to the enterprise through leveraging / expanding national accounts, consolidating spend and developing other opportunities
- Perform detailed analysis of quotations based on cost breakdowns from supplier submissions
- Drive and implement continuous cost improvements through negotiations to achieve operational cost targets
- Establish strong supplier relationships and manage performance through the creation of key performance metrics
- Manage departmental budgets in collaboration with Rivian Finance team to ensure contracts are on target
- Analyze current spend data in construction and facilities spend commodities and find opportunities for cost reductions and supplier consolidation
- Work closely alongside Stakeholders to meet their technical requirements, execute against set milestones and track sourcing progress
Electric vehicles manufacturer
Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. The company believes there is a more responsible way to explore the world and is determined to make the transition to sustainable transportation an exciting one. Rivian designed their emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles to challenge what's possible.
- Ownership for All: We offer every employee the opportunity to own Rivian stock through equity programs, supporting their financial wellness.
- Mental and Emotional Wellness: We provide employees and their families access to mental wellness platforms and our Employees Assistance Program
- Fertility and Family Planning: We support diverse family-building journeys, providing employees with benefits such as paid parental leave and financial support for adoption, fertility treatments or surrogacy.
- Competitive Compensation: We offer competitive compensation packages driven by mutual investment in our long-term growth and success.
- Career Development: We enable all employees to own their development. Continuous learning opportunities and tuition reimbursement help drive performance, boost engagement and develop future leaders.
- Transgender Benefits: In alignment with WPATH guidelines, our 2022 plans provide coverage toward medical, pharmacy and cosmetic needs.
Company Core Values
- A diverse workforce
- Embracing active allyship
- Purpose-driven partnerships
- Supporting our team