At FourKites we have the opportunity to tackle complex challenges with real-world impacts. Whether it’s medical supplies from Cardinal Health or groceries for Walmart, the FourKites platform helps customers operate global supply chains that are efficient, agile and sustainable.
Join a team of curious problem solvers that celebrates differences, leads with empathy and values inclusivity.
FourKites is looking for a candidate who will drive how the company deploys, verifies, and monitors applications and services in Cloud Infrastructure. You will interface with all stakeholders to define DevOps processes and also assist in the ongoing improvement of CI/CD environment provisioning and development workflows. You will ensure that they have appropriate levels of monitoring and alerting set up for all applications across a mix of physical servers, private cloud and public cloud.
What you’ll be doing:
- Collaboratively work with the Dev team to plan, design and deploy the applications in the cloud environments
- Experience in create and maintain the Prod & Non prod environment with proper RBAC controls in AWS/Azure environment
- Create & maintain an automated solution for infrastructure deployments using modern tools/technologies like Terraform, Cloudformation etc
- Ensure to design, implement the cost & security solutions within the infrastructure
- Be responsible for any P0/P1 incidents with respect to the application/infrastructure
- Create and maintain the runbook for cloud operation procedure & process
- Exposure to wide variety of analytics and problem solving skills with respect to Public cloud infrastructure and Automation
- Participate the on-call duty to support the production environment
- Take ownership of complete Fourkites Platform infrastructure’s reliability.
- Vigilantly monitor and improve performance of platform components.
- Find opportunities for continuous improvements to our system.
- Continuously look for ways to optimize and streamline the Fourkites infrastructure to facilitate a seamless experience for our customers.
About the team:
Our product and engineering teams are dedicated to providing the industry’s best-in-class end to end supply chain visibility platform. We are committed to building a high-performing team with software craftsman-thinking who are dedicated to developing and enhancing our core platform, and we want you to be a central part of it!
Who you are:
- Min 7+ years of relevant experience with strong working expertise of Agile environments.
- Strong understanding of Cloud Infrastructure technologies such as Azure, AWS to deliver the end to end solutions
- Hands on experience in developing scripts using Shell/Python/Ruby/Powershell etc
- Proficient in containerization technologies such as Docker, Kubernetes, AKS, EKS etc
- Hands on experience in configuration/orchestration tools such as Ansible, Chef, puppet, Terraform, Cloudformation etc
- Should have experience in build & release management using CI/CD tools such as Jenkins, Maven,Ant, Github actions etc
- Strong knowledge in defining RBAC policies in AWS/Azure for both Prod and Non prod environments
- Should have experience in SCM tools like SVN, Git, Bitbucket etc
- Good understanding of linux & windows internals
- Should have had exposure of cloud migrations in complex enterprises
- Excellent verbal & written communication and stakeholder management skills.
- Exceptional problem solving & analytics skills
Educational Qualification: Bachelor’s degree
This position services a federal government contract and is subject to federal government background screening and drug testing requirements. The successful candidate must be able to complete testing for illegal use of drugs, including but not limited to marijuana.
We know that job postings can be intimidating, and research shows that while men apply to jobs when they meet an average of 60% of the criteria, women and other marginalized folks tend to only apply when they check every box. We encourage you to apply if you think you may be a fit and give us both a chance to find out!
Who we are:
FourKites® is the #1 supply chain visibility platform in the world, extending visibility beyond transportation into yards, warehouses, stores and beyond. Tracking more than 2.5 million shipments daily across road, rail, ocean, air, parcel and courier, and reaching over 185 countries, FourKites combines real-time data and powerful machine learning to help companies digitize their end-to-end supply chains. More than 1,000 of the world’s most recognized brands — including 9 of the top-10 CPG and 18 of the top-20 food and beverage companies — trust FourKites to transform their business and create more agile, efficient and sustainable supply chains.
FourKites provides competitive compensation with stock options, outstanding benefits and a collaborative culture for all employees around the globe. To help you be your best, we have 5 global recharge days, in addition to standard holidays, and a hybrid, flexible approach to work. Parental leave for all parents, an annual wellness stipend and volunteer days also provide you with time and resources for self care and to care for others. Throughout the year, FourKites sets aside time during the workday to learn and celebrate diversity. And we’re always listening for new ways to support everyone in and out of the office.
If you are a California resident, here is our California Applicant Privacy Notice.
- Medical, Dental & Vision benefits start on first day of employment
- 20 PTO days, 5 recharge days, 2 volunteer days
- Technology reimbursement
- Commuter benefits for in office employees (Chicago)
- Annual Wellness Stipend
- Ongoing learning & development opportunities