New York, New York
6 month growth↑ 9%
1 year growth↑ 17%
2 year growth↑ 65%
- Minimum of 5 years of strategy, program management, and/or project management experience for tech/software products
- Experience in an agile software development environment is a plus
- Expert in setting and managing goals via OKRs
- Strong business acumen, including an understanding of SaaS companies
- Demonstrated ability to lead and self-direct cross-functional projects
- Experience communicating regularly and effectively with executive leadership
- Define the vision and strategy for PTU programs and initiatives alongside the PTU leadership team and direct working teams
- Contribute significantly to the development and enhancement of the Program Management function within PTU
- Create outcome-driven roadmaps, OKRs, and detailed project timelines in partnership with Product Management
- Organize, lead, and participate in department-wide planning and collaboration activities
- Drive end-to-end coordination for a diverse portfolio of payments and tax programs
- Scale and influence programs, collaborating closely with product, engineering, operational, and go-to-market teams
- Communicate progress of workstreams and critical business decisions to leadership and other key stakeholders
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- Experience and expertise in the disciplines of PEOs, Payroll, Payments, and Tax
- Strong leadership and management skills coupled with the ability to handle interpersonal relationships judiciously, professionally, and empathetically
Who We Are
At Justworks, you’ll enjoy a welcoming and casual environment, great benefits, wellness program offerings, company retreats, and the ability to interact with and learn from leaders in the startup community. We work hard and care about our most prized asset - our people.
We’re helping businesses get off the ground by enabling them to focus on running their business. We solve HR issues. We’re data-driven and never stop iterating. If you’d like to work in a supportive, entrepreneurial environment, are interested in building something meaningful and having fun while doing it, we’d love to hear from you.
We’re united by shared goals and shared motivations at Justworks. These are best summed up in our company values, which are reflected in our product and in our team.
If this sounds like you, you’ll fit right in.
Who You Are
The Payments and Tax Programs team is hiring a Senior Program Manager to take on a leadership role in managing various programs across the Payments and Tax Unit (PTU). As a Senior Program Manager, you will be responsible for helping to lead the overall strategy and direction of PTU. This will include working closely with the team to identify areas for improvement and growth, as well as developing and implementing plans to drive progress and achieve success. You will ensure that all projects are delivered on time and to the highest quality standard by cultivating a culture of collaboration and excellence.
This is a great opportunity for someone who is excited about making a meaningful impact on a brand-new team. You will have a direct impact in building and shaping the Program Management function in PTU and will help ensure that our payment and tax programs are reliable, efficient, and effective.
Your Success Profile
What You Will Work On
- Help define the vision and strategy for PTU programs and initiatives alongside the PTU leadership team and your direct working teams.
- Contribute significantly to the development and enhancement of the Program Management function within PTU.
- Help create outcome-driven roadmaps, OKRs, and detailed project timelines in partnership with Product Management, setting clear expectations for the program
- Help organize, lead, and participate in department-wide planning and collaboration activities through a set of standardized tools and workflows
- Drive end-to-end coordination for a diverse portfolio of payments and tax programs.
- Scale and influence programs, collaborating closely with product, engineering, operational, and go-to-market teams.
- Communicate how the workstreams are progressing and critical business decisions to leadership and other key stakeholders
- Cross-functional Project Management including but not limited to leading regular check-ins with project working groups, risk management, and leading resolution efforts for issues that may arise.
- Perform other related duties as assigned
How You Will Do Your Work
As a Senior Program Manager, how results are achieved is paramount for your success and ultimately results in our success as an organization. In this role, your foundational knowledge, skills, abilities, and personal attributes are anchored in the following competencies:
- Good judgment - the exercise of critical thinking, analyzing and assessing problems and implications, identifying patterns, making connections of underlying issues, understanding risks and developing mitigation strategies, and taking ownership of the outcome.
- Influence and leadership - fostering a community of knowledge-sharing, collaboration, mentorship, and forward-thinking.
- Teamwork and communication - putting our collective best together through documentation, collaboration, relationship-building, listening, empathy, recruiting, and evangelism.
- Nimble learning - actively learning through experimentation when tackling new problems, using both successes and failures as learning fodder.
- Business insight - applying knowledge of business and the marketplace to advance the organization’s goals.
In addition, all Justworkers focus on aligning their behaviors to our core values known as COGIS. It stands for:
- Camaraderie - Day to day you can be seen working together toward a higher purpose. You like to have fun. You’re an active listener, treat people respectfully, and have a strong desire to know and help others.
- Openness - Your default is to be open. You’re willing to share information, understand other perspectives, and consider new possibilities. You’re curious, ask open questions, and are receptive to thoughts and feedback from others.
- Grit - You demonstrate grit by having the courage to commit and persevere. You’re committed, earnest, and dive in to get the job done well with a positive attitude.
- Integrity - Simply put, do what you say and say what you’ll do. You’re honest and forthright, have a strong moral compass, and strive to match your words with your actions while leading by example.
- Simplicity - Be like Einstein: “Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.”
- Minimum of 5 years of strategy, program management, and/or project management experience for tech/software products; experience in an agile software development environment is a plus.
- Experience in building and maintaining outcome-driven roadmaps, while ensuring teams have the tools needed to execute on a sprint-by-sprint basis.
- Expert in setting and managing goals via OKRs.
- Strong business acumen, including an understanding of SaaS companies. Experience and expertise in the disciplines of PEOs, Payroll, Payments, and Tax is a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and self-direct cross-functional projects, juggling competing priorities, stakeholders, and tasks as needed
- Effective listener with innovative use of problem-solving skills to ensure issues are addressed in a timely & strategic manner.
- Strong leadership and management skills coupled with the ability to handle interpersonal relationships judiciously, professionally, and empathetically.
- Experience communicating regularly and effectively with executive leadership with a proven track record of translating complex program updates into clear and concise messages.
The base wage range for this position based in our New York City Office is targeted at $142,500.00 to $156,750.00 per year.
Actual compensation is based on multiple factors that are unique to each candidate, including and not limited to skill set, level of relevant experience, and specific work location. Salary ranges for positions based in other locations may differ based on the cost of labor in that location.
For more information about Justworks’ Total Reward Philosophy, including all of the perks and benefits we are proud to offer our team members, please visit Total Rewards @ Justworks.
Diversity At Justworks
Justworks is committed to maintaining a workplace where diversity of identity, culture, and life experience is the norm and is celebrated authentically and respected consistently. Diversity in our work, our people, and our product drives creativity and innovation, entrepreneurial leadership and integrity, competitiveness, and collaboration throughout our business and in the market. We depend on our differences to make our team stronger, our workplace more dynamic, and our product accessible to all of our customers.
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer open to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or familial status, disability, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected status.