Senior Software Engineer
Machine Learning, Credit Engineering
Posted on 8/24/2022
Data Structures & Algorithms
- Bachelors in a technical field with 4+ years of industry experience. Relevant Ph.D can count for up to 2 YOE
- Proficiency in machine learning with experience in areas such as gradient boosting, deep learning, graph based modeling, and calibration
- Strong programming skills in Python
- Experience using large scale distributed data processing systems like Spark(or similar)
- Experience using machine learning frameworks such as scikit-learn, pandas, numpy, xgboost, pytorch, and mllib (one or more)
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and the capability to drive cross-functional requirements with product and engineering teams
- The ability to present technical concepts and results in an audience-appropriate way
- Persistence, patience and a great sense of responsibility - we build the decision making that enables consumers and partners to place their trust in Affirm!
- Targeted Gross Monthly Salary: 22,042-27,550PLN
- Flexible Spending Wallets for tech, food and lifestyle
- Generous time off policies
- Away Days - wellness days to take off work and recharge
- Learning & Development programs
- Parental leave
- Robust health benefits
- Employee Resource & Community Groups
- Use Affirm's data to develop machine learning models that predict cash flows, financing programs, and optimize pricing for merchants
- Build financial forecasting applications for Affirm's two-sided marketplace
- Research ground breaking solutions and develop prototypes that drive the future of decisioning at Affirm
- Implement and scale data pipelines, new features, and algorithms that are essential to our production models
- Collaborate with the engineering, quantitative markets, merchant pricing, and product teams to define requirements for new products
- Evaluate new data sources to use in a cost-effective way in our models to add value
- Experience with Kubernetes, Docker, Kafka, Flink, and Airflow is a plus
Point of sale installment loans for consumers
Affirm seeks to deliver honest financial products—to improve lives. The company operates a buy-now-pay-later platform for consumers at the point of sale.
- Spending wallets: Access tech, food, lifestyle, and family planning wallets for your expenses
- Supportive communities: Get involved with our employee resource groups and community groups
- Remote-first workforce: If your role is remote, you can set up shop anywhere in your home country
- Generous time off: Take the time you need when life happens
- Health benefits: Get a plan that fits your needs
- Mental healthcare: Take care of your mind with great mental health programs
- Parental leave: Birth and non-birth parents get 18 weeks paid leave. Plus, a 4-week return-to-work transition program, at full base pay.
- Compensation: We have a simple, flexible, and transparent remote-first compensation structure so you can make the best decisions for yourself and your family.
- Away days: We offer 24 company-wide paid days off—which help our teams collectively pause to recharge.
- Learning & development: Engage in exciting learning programs to level up your growth.
Company Core Values
- People come first: We consider our impact on people’s lives before we think about our own interests.
- No fine print: We are completely transparent and honest—with our customers and with each other.
- It's on us: We take full accountability for our actions, never shirking responsibility or passing the buck.
- Simpler is better: We make complex things simple and clear.
- Push the envelope: We never stop innovating, taking smart risks, and raising the bar.