Aledade is actively recruiting for a Senior Policy Analyst to further the growth and development of the team’s newest arm of support. The Aledade Policy Team promotes policies that further physician independence, improve health equity, emphasize competition, and reward excellence in primary care and population health. We guide Aledade, our physician-led ACOs, and partner independent and community-based primary care practices through the federal, state, and commercial policies that underpin value-driven health care. The Senior Policy Analyst will contribute to the implementation and adoption of programmatic activities and will assist in increasing the presence of value-based care initiatives at the state level. This will be done by managing engagement in state policy from Aledade partner practices, including physician and practice leadership, providing a deeper understanding of legislative environments to Aledade leadership and partner practices, and engaging with state and federal legislators and other external stakeholder groups. This role requires situational awareness of the policy space as well as the ability to discern customer needs and collaborate across teams and audiences.
We are flexible with respect to geographic location, and the ideal candidate will be comfortable working remotely/work from home within the US or be based from our Austin, TX office.
As a Senior Policy Analyst, you will be responsible for:
- Coordinate operations within specific ACO markets that include policy support, meeting facilitation, stakeholder engagement, legislative monitoring, and program development and evaluation
- Serve as a liaison for Aledade teams and partners for specific policy inquiries and state legislative environment knowledge
- Develop educational materials and tools that explain health care policies to the teams, ACOs, and partners of Aledade
- Evaluate the engagement and utility of support tools within specific markets and contribute to improvement initiatives
- Contribute to the development of thought leadership articles
- Perform outreach activities to state legislators, policymakers, and payers that will advance advocacy efforts and increase the exposure of the policy process to our ACO partners
What We Value:
- Bachelor’s degree in business, public policy, public health, or other relevant field is required
- 2 years of relevant work experience is preferred; a Master’s in a relevant field can serve as a substitute for work experience
- Internships or work experience in government or health care settings is a plus
- Excitement to join a fast-paced startup with significant opportunities for growth and make a positive contribution to the healthcare field
- Comfortable tackling ambiguous problems with a high level of autonomy
- Highly organized and proactive in raising questions around clarity, prioritization, blockers, and other points to drive assigned tasks forward
- A collaborative team player with a roll-up your sleeves mentality
- A strong writer and able to verbally communicate effectively; comfortable leading presentations
- Detail-oriented and self-motivated to produce work that meets high standards
All prospective hires will be required to demonstrate that they have been fully vaccinated, including booster shots, against COVID-19 with a COVID-19 vaccine for which the U.S. Food and Drug Administration has issued a license or an Emergency Use Authorization prior to mutually-agreed upon start date at Aledade, unless they qualify for a medical or religious accommodation to this vaccination requirement.
If you are passionate about transforming the healthcare system into one that best serves the needs of patients, doctors, and society, we’d love for you to join us!
Who We Are:
Aledade is a leader in population health that is using innovative, value based solutions to transform the way physicians interact with their patients. We are on a mission to change healthcare for the better and solve complex problems within the healthcare system.
We follow the simple but radical idea that Aledade only succeeds when our partner practices succeed. From our cutting-edge technology platform to practice transformation services, we provide physicians with everything they need to create and run an accountable care organization (ACO
), revamping the way they practice and getting them back to where they should be: quarterbacking their patients’ health care!
Our customized solutions help clinicians in communities across America preserve their autonomy, deliver better care to their patients, reduce overall costs, and keep independent physician practices flourishing.
What Does This Mean for You?
At Aledade, you will be part of a creative culture that is driven by a passion for tackling complex issues with respect, open-mindedness, and a desire to learn. You will work with team members that bring a wide range of experiences, interests, backgrounds, beliefs, and achievements to their work, united by a shared passion for public health and a commitment to the Aledade mission.
We’ve recently been recognized as a Top Workplace by The Washington Post, Best Workplace in HealthCare & Biopharma, Top 100 Best Small & Medium Workplaces, Glassdoor Best Places to Work, a Best and Brightest Companies to Work for in the Nation, a Tech Tribune 10 Best Tech Startups in Maryland and Bethesda, Best Tech for Good, Best Workplaces for Millennials, Best Workplaces for Women, Best Workplaces for Parents, Top Workplaces USA, and a Healthcare Industry Top Workplace.
That’s because the things that matter to you also matter to us!
In addition to time off to support work-life balance and enjoyment, we offer the following comprehensive benefits package designed for the needs of our full-time team-members:
Flexible work schedules and ability to work remotely available for many roles
Educational Assistant Program
Robust time off plan (21 days of PTO in your first year!)
Paid Volunteer Days
11 paid holidays
12 weeks paid Parental Leave for all new parents
6 weeks paid sabbatical
Health, dental and vision insurance paid up to 80% for employees, dependents, and domestic partners
401(k) with up to 4% match
Monthly cell phone stipend
Jeans everyday workplace
Gender neutral bathrooms
At Aledade, we don’t just accept differences, we celebrate them! We strive to attract, develop, and retain highly qualified individuals representing the diverse communities where we live and work. Aledade is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Employment policies and decisions at Aledade are based on merit, qualifications, performance, and business needs. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth or medical conditions related to pregnancy or childbirth), gender identity or expression, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, legally protected genetic information, marital status, veteran status, or sexual orientation.