Confirmed live in the last 24 hours
Oakland, CA, USA
- An experienced leader of people who empowers and trusts your team, delegates responsibility and finds teaching moments to continuously grow and improve your team's skills
- Empathetic and hospitable, always eager to listen, understand, learn and field questions for your team and coworkers. You are a quick reader of people and situations, who is able to accurately troubleshoot issues, gauge the capabilities of your team and deploy the right people to the right problem
- An excellent communicator (clear, articulate, and hospitable) who is the nexus from which production, retail, e-commerce, quality, and logistics teams are able to gain valuable insight and confidence related to all collaborations between departments. You are a collaborator at your core, and a team player who is flexible to changes as our production demands shift
- A strategic thinker who is never fully satisfied with the status quo and always looking for ways to improve your team's efforts, but who is also is excited to roll up your sleeves and lead with integrity when required
- Detail-oriented and a maniacal creator of lists, schedules, process diagrams, etc. yet flexible and 'can do' when the inevitable surprise pops up that requires urgency and creativity to resolve
- Always ahead of schedule: You anticipate problems beforehand and take preventive measures, actively communicate and ask for assistance, in order to resolve potential problems before they become an actual issue for our teams, team members, or guests
- Highly observant of data and metrics and intent on using both to develop new ideas and opportunities for process improvement
- 2+ years leading people in complex, production, or related environments
- General mechanical knowledge and confidence with brewing systems, equipment, and software
- Understanding of the many facets of production quality assurance
- Broad knowledge of a range of leadership strategies and production processes
- Previous experience in large-scale coffee production and/or cold brewing, preferred
- Zero tolerance for inhospitable behaviors and ardor toward providing feedback and working toward a resolution with any team members needing a course correction
- Clear, articulate and hospitable communication skills
- Comfort using online tools including Microsoft Suite and Google Suite
- Last but not least, a deep love for great coffee, food, and exceptional customer experiences
- This role is a physical one and the physical demands outlined below are representative of those that must be met for a team member to be successful in the role. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job which we've mapped out below
- You have:
- The ability to stand, walk, sit for long periods of time (at least 8 hours per day and 5 days per week)
- The use of hands to handle or feel and the ability to reach with hands and arm
- The ability to stoop, kneel, or crouch
- The ability to squat, bend, twist and reach for items below waist level or above shoulders
- The ability to lift, push/pull, carry and/or move up to 50 pounds
- The ability to listen and speak
- The ability to climb ladders, stairs, ramps and uneven floor and/or surfaces as needed
- The ability to have close visual acuity to perform repetitive visual checking, counting, spotting small defects, determine accuracy of numbers and package
- Oversee all brewery related activities at the Berkeley brewery. Leading a talented and dedicated production team, your systemic improvements will ease the workload of your team and bring clarity to increasingly complex scenarios
- Continue to develop production strategies, processes, and systems that will scale easily as we continue to grow, driving down cost while maintaining the highest overall quality standards
- Work with many of our regional teams including Supply Chain, Retail, Finance, CPG, and Information Technology to continually build and maintain strong partnership between the departments and support the continued success of all of our teams
- Build cross functional redundancies within the brewery team to ensure expertise is always available at the brewery, and that will allow your team members the ability to move into other Blue Bottle opportunities as they become available
- Create production plans, engaging with cross-company stakeholders in order to ensure that our brewery output levels match our customer demand
- Calculate labor needs and hire, schedule, train, manage, and individually develop an incredible team dedicated to production excellence
- Create SOPs (standard operating procedures) and best practices for achieving consistency in all of our production processes
- Monitor and maintain inventory levels of production materials. Updating inventory low-level reorder points, and re-order quantities for production items as necessary
- Measure production performance and develop metrics to identify Key Performance Indicators and help devise a strategy towards continuous improvement
- Define and oversee our brewing and packaging equipment calibration and maintenance schedules, ensuring our equipment is always in top performance to meet our production output needs
- Manage all warehousing and shipping and receiving for the brewery, arranging shipments and deliveries by communicating with trucking companies and suppliers
- Ensure the necessary safety processes are defined and maintained, and that state labor regulations are strictly adhered to so your team is safe in their workplace, well rested throughout their workday, and prepared for fire, flood, earthquake, power outage, ect
- Define and sustain production processes and quality standards, equipping your team with continuously improving tools and support to ensure our products and shipments are always accurate, delivered on time, and of the highest production quality
- Work with our Food Safety team to ensure that all Good Manufacturing Practices and food safety rules and regulations are clearly defined and sustained throughout our packaging process
- Advocate for the craft of brewing and packaging through observation, instruction and committed study
Coffee roaster and retailer platform.
At Blue Bottle, their mission is to connect the world to delicious coffee.
- Health, dental, and vision for eligible employees on day one
- Free drinks at any of our cafes and a complimentary bag of beans to take home each week
- Discounts on any Blue Bottle food items and merchandise
- Paid Time Off
Company Core Values
- Welcome everyone - People come first. Without hospitality, we cannot exist. We create spaces where people belong. Everyone has a place at the table: Guests, team members, and suppliers.
- Raise the bar - From seed to cup, we set the standard in everything we do—and drive constantly to do it better. We are self-starters who think creatively to solve complex problems, recognize our mistakes, and learn from failures.
- Build for Tomorrow - We think long-term. We’re savvy with our resources, saving where we can to invest in what matters: A sustainable future for our people, the company, and our planet.
- Simplify - Just as our cafes eliminate barriers between guests and delicious coffee, we remove obstacles in our work. We stay nimble, communicate clearly, and show a bias towards action.
- Grow Together - Like coffee needs water, we need one another to bloom. Collaboration takes work, so we practice it like a craft. We listen carefully, share feedback openly and honestly, remain transparent, and inspire each other with kindness and humor.