Software Systems Engineer
Confirmed live in the last 24 hours
San Carlos, CA, USA
- Advanced degree in robotics, computer engineering, electronics engineering, aerospace engineering or related fields
- 5+ years of industry experience in robotics, automotive, aerospace, medical devices or related safety-critical and mission-critical fields
- Prior experience working with production software life cycle development process methods (DO178, ISO26262, SPICE or ASPICE, ISO12207)
- Working knowledge of standard systems engineering tools (DOORs, Rationale, JAMA, SysML, Polarion, etc.)
- Have proficiency in C/C++, python, or Matlab programming/debugging skills
- Familiarity with embedded systems, ECU architecture in automobiles, automotive communication interfaces, or automotive software architectures, etc
- Lead various systems engineering activities that are essential for a successful launch of safety-critical software on a self-driving vehicle
- Interpret industry safety standards such as ISO26262 effectively and identify methods to fulfill those goals in a fast-paced CI/CD software development environment
- Understand existing software architecture and development processes and brainstorm compatible methods for achieving safety goals
- Introduce and manage safety processes for the software organization and guide various teams throughout execution, with strong attention to detail
- Champion the process for qualifying software tools, infrastructure components, as well as 3rd party libraries that are integral to the safe operation of the software system
- Collaborate with the safety team to identify safety requirements, explore redundancy options, and develop methods to ensure system-wide safety goals are met
- Shipped software products to market in production automobiles, aircraft, spacecraft or other systems that require safety-critical software in embedded hardware
- Experience with interpreting industry safety standards such as ISO26262 and DO178. Developed processes to fulfill these standards, thoroughly weighing various factors that impact project execution
- Performed qualification of software tools as per relevant safety standards
- Conducted and/or participated in safety audits, defended choices and methods used, and prepared compliance report, deviations etc
- Subject matter expertise in at least one of these areas. (1) Sensor perception, (2) Motion planning, (3) Drive policy or behavior, (4) Controls and actuation
Self driving car robotics company
Zoox is reinventing personal transportation—making the future safer, cleaner, and more enjoyable for everyone. The company is building the infrastructure for self-driving cars.
- Health Insurance
- Maternity & Paternity Leave
- Vacation & Paid Time Off
- Sick Days
- Free Lunch or Snacks
- Employee Assitance Program
Company Core Values
- We're doing one thing that will change everything.
- It's bigger than any of us.
- One Zoox, one crew.
- Every day is a milestone.