Senior Software Engineer
Remote Eligible in UK
Confirmed live in the last 24 hours
Data Structures & Algorithms
- Proficient with at least one of the following: TypeScript, Golang, Java, C or a C-style language
- Familiar with algorithms, data structures, and coding best practices
- Curious, and always want to get to the bottom of why things work the way they do
- A supportive leader. You want to help people get unstuck, and can easily recognise that teams are more effective when colleagues look for opportunities to help one another
- A great communicator. You can break a concept down based on your audience, whether they're technical or non-technical - and your medium, whether it's verbal, in prose, or in code
- A builder who takes pride in your craft and works toward quality
- An empathic individual who can help translate customer feedback and needs into features that solve problems
- Someone who views bugs, mistakes, and compiler errors as opportunities to learn
- Work on all areas of the software from front end, back end, cloud infrastructure and test automation
- Drive high standards within the team for all internal services and open source tooling/libraries we maintain
- Deploy service and infrastructure changes frequently in a lean agile environment using full CI/CD
- Contribute in all aspects of product development: idea generation, customer engagement, planning, design, prototyping, execution, shipping, and operational excellence
- Collaborate with a team of passionate, engaged engineers, and with cross-functional teams that include product managers, UX designers, UX researchers, and more
- Actively mentor more junior engineers, showing how to balance customer delivery while holding high coding, service, and cloud infrastructure standards
- Apply different approaches to problem solving and help validate your ideas and those of your teammates
- Help define success for yourself, your team, and the features you help to conceive, build, and ship
- Perform other duties as assigned
Cloud-based collaboration platform
Smartsheet's mission is to empower anyone to drive meaningful change - for themselves, their businesses and even for the world.
- Health and wellness benefits - From sick days to mental health services, we support you. We provide company-sponsored comprehensive healthcare coverage and well-being benefit programs so you can take care of your whole self.
- Time away - We want you to find time for what matters to you. We offer a variety of programs so you can recharge and reconnect, including paid time off for company holidays, vacation, volunteering, military leave, and parental bonding.
- An investment in your future - We help you plan for the dreams you’re working toward. We offer every employee competitive pay, retirement contributions, stock awards, and an employee stock purchase program.
- Perks and discounts - It's the details that make life easier. From discount programs and an allowance for work-related expenses, to medical concierge (U.S. only) and caregiver services, we help set you up for success both at work and outside of it.
- An inclusive environment - We strive to foster a culture of belonging that is rooted in respect for all people. We believe that by celebrating diversity of voices and experiences, and by creating equitable opportunities for our team, customers, and communities, we enable people to do and be their best.
- Continuous learning - We know that when you’re growing, so are we. That's why we provide opportunities to develop on the job through internal mobility, virtual learning, and a variety of development programs.
- Value-driven culture - We don’t just talk the talk. Our award-winning culture stems from having a core set of values that are lived daily from the top down.
- Meaningful impact - Smartsheet helps employees achieve more by providing a supportive, respectful culture that pushes its people to excel and innovate.
- Investing in employees - From wide-ranging benefits to on-site development programs, Smartsheet is truly invested in its employees' well-being — both in and outside of the workplace.