Planning & Controls Internship/Co-op
Posted on 2/1/2022
San Carlos, CA, USA
Data Structures & Algorithms
- Currently working towards a M.S., Ph.D. or advanced degree in a relevant engineering program and within 1 year of graduation
- Minimum of a 3.5 gpa
- At least one previous industry internship or co-op
- Able to commit to a minimum of a 12-week internship
- Professional and positive communication skills
- Ability to relocate to the Bay Area, California
- Interns at Zoox may not use any proprietary information they are working on as part of their thesis, any published work with their university, or to be distributed to anyone outside of Zoox
- Working towards a Master's or Ph.D. in Planning, Computer Science, or related field
- Fluency in C / C++
- Understanding of configuration spaces and a variety of planning techniques (A*, D*, RRTs, etc.)
- Demonstrated ability to create realtime motion planning algorithms
- Solid understanding of ROS
- Strong mathematics skills
- Experience with sampling-based motion planning algorithms
- Knowledge of computer vision techniques and machine learning
- Experience with pose estimation, SLAM, numerical optimizers, or probabilistic reasoning
- Real-world experience with robotic control and sensing systems
- Experience developing for real time systems
- Excited to think about algorithmic edge cases and building a robust, debuggable, and scalable system
Self driving car robotics company
Zoox is reinventing personal transportation—making the future safer, cleaner, and more enjoyable for everyone. The company is building the infrastructure for self-driving cars.
- Health Insurance
- Maternity & Paternity Leave
- Vacation & Paid Time Off
- Sick Days
- Free Lunch or Snacks
- Employee Assitance Program
Company Core Values
- We're doing one thing that will change everything.
- It's bigger than any of us.
- One Zoox, one crew.
- Every day is a milestone.