New York, New York
6 month growth↑ 9%
1 year growth↑ 19%
2 year growth↑ 39%
- 4+ years of professional System Administrator or equivalent experience
- Expertise of current Microsoft operating systems
- Strong understanding of Active Directory
- Strong knowledge of SCCM
- Basic PowerShell scripting
- Basic knowledge of Linux and Apple OSX
- Ability to install, upgrade and maintain PC workstation hardware
- Manage competing priorities effectively ensuring that all relevant parties are informed of project status/changes
- Follow and adhere to processes and procedures whilst providing constructive feedback where things can be improved upon
- Communicate effectively with IT management and provide regular updates
- Provide out-of-hours support as the need arises
- Build, configure, and deploy equipment for new and existing employees
- Upgrade hardware and peripherals as required by the development teams
- Manage users, computers, and groups within Active Directory
- Maintain asset inventory, including regular physical stock checks
- Document and maintain accurate installation and procedure guides
- Moving IT equipment to help with studio and team reorganization
- Procurement of hardware, software, peripherals, etc
- IT storeroom housekeeping, hardware recycling and maintain secure disposal processes
- Experience supporting performance capture
- Strong Linux skills
- Strong scripting skills
At Rockstar Games, we create world-class entertainment experiences.
A career at Rockstar Games is about being part of a team working on some of the most creatively rewarding and ambitious projects to be found in any entertainment medium. You would be welcomed to a dedicated and inclusive environment where you can learn and collaborate with some of the most talented people in the industry.
Rockstar Games is on the lookout for a talented Systems Administrator who possesses a passion for providing first-line IT support within a busy, technology-driven company. This is a full-time permanent position based out of Rockstar’s newest studio in Los Angeles, providing tier 1 & 2 IT support to our development and performance capture teams in the area.
WHAT WE DO
- The Rockstar Systems Admin team provides tier 1 & 2 technical support to the game development and performance capture teams. These teams are spread out over several physical locations in and around the Los Angeles area.
- We act as a key point of contact for technical knowledge and expertise across the company.
- Manage competing priorities effectively ensuring that all relevant parties are informed of project status/changes.
- Follow and adhere to processes and procedures whilst providing constructive feedback where things can be improved upon.
- Communicate effectively with IT management and provide regular updates.
- Provide out-of-hours support as the need arises.
- Build, configure, and deploy equipment for new and existing employees.
- Upgrade hardware and peripherals as required by the development teams.
- Manage users, computers, and groups within Active Directory.
- Maintain asset inventory, including regular physical stock checks.
- Document and maintain accurate installation and procedure guides.
- Moving IT equipment to help with studio and team reorganization.
- Procurement of hardware, software, peripherals, etc.
- IT storeroom housekeeping, hardware recycling and maintain secure disposal processes.
- 4+ years of professional System Administrator or equivalent experience.
- Expertise of current Microsoft operating systems.
- Strong understanding of Active Directory.
- Strong knowledge of SCCM.
- Basic PowerShell scripting.
- Basic knowledge of Linux and Apple OSX.
- Ability to install, upgrade and maintain PC workstation hardware.
- High-level problem-solving skills.
- Experience with ServiceNow or some other ticketing system.
- Good understanding of gaming hardware.
- Ability to work well within a team and use own initiative.
- Ability to learn quickly and demonstrate excellent problem-solving skills.
- Ability to follow instructions and processes.
- Self-motivated and organized.
- Customer service focus.
Please note that these are desirable skills and are not required to apply for the position.
- Experience supporting performance capture.
- Strong Linux skills.
- Strong scripting skills.
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply with a resume and cover letter demonstrating how you meet the skills above. If we would like to move forward with your application, a Rockstar recruiter will reach out to you to explain next steps and guide you through the process.
Rockstar is committed to creating a work environment that promotes equal opportunity, dignity and respect. In line with this commitment, Rockstar will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified job applicants with disabilities during the recruitment process in order for such applicants to be considered for the position for which they are applying, as well as to qualified employees to enable them to perform the essential functions of their roles. If you need more information about Rockstar’s reasonable accommodation policies or process, or need to request an accommodation, please contact the Human Resources Department.
If you’ve got the right skills for the job, we want to hear from you. We encourage applications from all suitable candidates regardless of age, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, belief, race, or any other protected category.
The pay range for this position in Los Angeles at the start of employment is expected to be between the range below* per year. However, base pay offered is based on market location, and may vary further depending on individualized factors for job candidates, such as job-related knowledge, skills, experience, and other objective business considerations. Subject to those same considerations, the total compensation package for this position may also include other elements, including a bonus and/or equity awards, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits. Details of participation in these benefit plans will be provided if an employee receives an offer of employment. If hired, employee will be in an "at-will position" and the company reserves the right to modify base salary (as well as any other discretionary payment or compensation or benefit program) at any time, including for reasons related to individual performance, company or individual department/team performance, and market factors.