Hey there. Glad you found us! Flock Freight is a technology company that’s creating a smarter, more sustainable supply chain. Our patented technology finds and fills trucks’ empty spaces so shippers can save money, carriers can earn more money, and goods move terminal-free with more accuracy and fewer emissions. Sounds like a pretty big task, right? Welp, it is. But we know we can make it happen.
If you’re looking for the opportunity to make a difference then you’ve come to the right place. We’re looking for folks that are innovative, love collaborating in a fast-paced environment, and find joy and excitement in doing the hard work. If that sounds like you then keep on reading and see if this role is the one for you.
What’s the role all about?
The Claims Manager is responsible for the evaluation, adjudication, and payment oversight of all freight claims in a timely and compliant manner for vendors and clients. This role will require a motivated, self-starter to take initiative and lead the development of effective strategies while reducing cargo claims across the organization. The Manager of Claims will guide Flock’s internal teams in resolving claims quickly and effectively, with a key focus in regard to federal guidelines, contractual obligations, and industry standards. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in claims management within the transportation industry, excellent leadership skills, and a customer-focused mindset.
What does the day-to-day look like?
- Responsible for developing Flock Freight’s Cargo Claim department, with best-in-class transportation strategies and processes
- Provide functional leadership and team training, recruiting, and employee development to ensure efficient processes are in place to prevent claims
- Develop team OKRs and utilize internal team data to build meaningful and effective team strategies
- Collaborate closely with Product Development to improve efficiencies and further automation
- Provide root-cause analysis of claims, weekly trends, and other claims data to Risk Management Leadership
- Develop and implement policies and procedures to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of Flock’s claims process, with a focus on automated solutions to solve current team pain points
- Partner closely with Risk Management, Carrier Sales & Customer Sales teams, as well as asset-based carrier’s dispatch to identify and address potential areas for improvement
- Support Compliance, Issue Resolution, and the larger Risk Management function with projects
- Weekend on-call rotation is required
What qualifications do I need to succeed in this role?
- 5+ years of transportation industry experience, management experience a plus
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Experience with Google Suite products
- Ability to utilize spreadsheets to make data driven decisions
- Ability to think of outside the box solutions and propose solutions and/or new initiatives
- Experience leading projects, with cross functional stakeholders and driving results
- Willingness to work in an ambiguous environment with a “can do” attitude
- Experience leading transportation brokerage claims teams is a plus
The expected compensation range for this position is $84,000 to $95,000. When determining an offer, we take into account a variety of factors that are important in making compensation decisions including but not limited to skill sets; experience and tenure; education and certifications; and other business and organizational needs. The disclosed range estimate is based on market data for the greater San Diego area. Salary bands may, in some circumstances, be adjusted to a different geographic area depending on the candidate’s position and location. In general, Flock Freight targets the mid-point of this salary range.
In addition to salary, full-time employees are also eligible for an equity package and our competitive benefits that support you and your family as part of your total rewards package at Flock Freight. If you are local to San Diego, Chicago, or the surrounding areas, your presence will be expected in one of Flock Freight’s headquarters locations (San Diego or Chicago) in an in-office or hybrid capacity. Ask your recruiter for more specifics about your team’s hybrid policy!
Our promise to you:
Flock Freight is committed to creating an environment that’s fair and inclusive. We fill our open positions based on qualifications, merit, and business needs. We value the skills of people from all backgrounds and are proud to hire, promote, and retain talent from a diverse candidate pool. Diverse perspectives are central to innovation at Flock Freight and make our team better. We’re interested in your inherent abilities, not just the skills you bring from your last role - if you think you have what it takes to succeed in the role but don’t check every box, please still get in touch. We’d love to start a conversation with you.
Life & Benefits of the Flock:
- Unlimited PTO: Our Flockers work hard and deserve the time they need to rest and recharge. With no accrual system, we encourage you to the time you need off, when you need it.
- 401(k) Employer Match: We know Flock may just be a stepping stone in your epic journey, but we want to be sure you’re setting your future self up for success! For that reason, we provide a 401(k) plan that offers a 4% employer match.
- Medical, Dental & Vision: Generous coverage for employees and dependents. Both HMO and PPO options provided with 100% Employer paid options for employees.
- Mental Health: We offer all employees and their dependents (this includes anyone in your household) access to free virtual therapy sessions through HealthiestYou. This free service also offers nutritional help, general medicine and dermatology.
Flock Freight has zero tolerance for behavior that negatively impacts marginalized groups, including women, people of color, veterans, immigrants, people with disabilities, and members of the LGBTQIA+ community. We invite people of all identities to join the Flock!