This is Engineering at Lattice
Lattice’s Engineering team is continuously working to better both our product and our craft. We use a modern, cutting-edge tech stack and love experimenting with new technologies. We strive for maintainable, robust, and performant code. We’re highly collaborative and continuously iterative and work closely with designers and product managers. We prioritize not only great technical architecture but also an amazing product experience.
Lattice’s SRE team exists to foster a strong culture of Lattice product reliability and performance. We collaborate with our product engineers to improve their observability and operational practices, and ensure the resiliency and performance of our application code. These changes include improvements to a cloud-hosted infrastructure, deployment systems (CD), and Infrastructure-as-code (IaC).
What You Will Do
- Partner closely with product engineering teams to influence and promote SRE practices during development.
- Instrument, monitor, and improve service code for reliability and performance, esp. In TypeScript
- Implement, operate, and recommend efficient use of resilient infrastructure for Lattice SaaS applications
- Lead and grow a team which will strongly partner with product engineering, ensuring those partner teams can build/maintain their applications reliably
- Provide expertise in observability and incident management while adhering to SRE principles
- Contribute to improvements across resilient cloud infrastructure using constructs, such as AWS, Kubernetes, and Terraform.
- Participate in on-call support rotation with the team.
What You Will Bring to the Table
You have 7+ years of professional experience in engineering with a strong understanding of infrastructure.
- You have experience working with teams of engineers to mentor and help them understand and improve their application design for reliability and performance purposes.
- You have expertise in a modern programming language (e. Engineering at Lattice uses Typescript for most of their work) and know how to debug, analyze, and improve applications.
- You’ve got a good understanding of SRE practices, such as measuring application SLOs/SLIs, analyzing availability, utilizing observability tooling, and managing incidents in a productive way.
- You’ve worked with Kubernetes in product workloads, with AWS and distributed systems in production workloads.
- Experience with describing infrastructure as code (IaC) in production workloads.
- Proficiency in leveraging CI/CD tools to automate testing and deployment.
You’re a great communicator and collaborator.
- You write code that your colleagues will also own, understand, and maintain.
- You’re clear and concise in explaining your thought process and in enumerating the tradeoffs made in your work.
- You enjoy collaborating with other team members and working closely with product engineers.
You enjoy taking an active role in the development process.
- You love mentoring and supporting other software engineers who are newer to the industry.
- You have experience taking the lead in planning and executing the development roadmap.
- You make the engineering team more effective through the pragmatic application of useful code tools and patterns
The estimated annual cash salary for this role is $182,205 - $273,308. This position is also eligible for incentive stock options, subject to the terms of Lattice’s applicable plans.
Benefits: The Company offers the following benefits for this position, subject to applicable eligibility requirements: Medical insurance; Dental insurance; Vision insurance; Life, AD&D, and Disability Insurance; Emergency Weather Support; Wellness Apps; Paid Parental Leave, Paid Time off inclusive of holidays and sick time; Commuter & Parking Accounts; Lunches in the Office; Workplace Amenities Stipend, Internet and Phone Stipend; One time WFH Office Set-Up Stipend; 401(k) retirement plan; Financial Planning; Learning & Development Budget; Sabbatical Program; and Invest in Your People Fund
*Note on Pay Transparency:
Lattice provides an estimate of the compensation for roles that may be hired as required by state regulations. Compensation may vary based on (a) location, as Lattice factors in specific location when benchmarking compensation for most roles; (b) individual candidate skills and qualifications; and (c) individual candidate experience.
Additionally, Lattice leverages current market data to determine compensation, so posted compensation figures are subject to change as new market data becomes available. The salary, other compensation, and benefits information is accurate as of the date of this posting. Lattice reserves the right to modify this information at any time, subject to applicable law.
Lattice is on a mission to build cultures where employees and their companies thrive 💪. In an age where employees have more choices than ever before, businesses that put employees first are winning 🏅– and Lattice is building the tools to empower those people-centric companies. Lattice is a people success platform that offers performance reviews, employee engagement surveys, real-time feedback, weekly check-ins, goal setting, and career planning in a way that allows companies to focus on employee development, growth, and engagement – yielding stronger employee retention, performance, and impact to the bottom line 📈. Since launching in 2016, we have grown to over 4,600+ customers globally, including brands like Slack, Pinterest, Reddit, and Asana.
What else does Lattice have to offer? We’re so glad you asked! We invest in our people’s personal and professional growth because that sort of growth begets business impact and personal fulfillment 🤗. We believe in the value of continued learning investments 🤓and reimbursements. We offer a competitive salary (including equity💸) and our benefits are thoughtful. We believe that taking the time for you is important and have a flexible vacation/time-off policy to prove it. We even incorporated Lattice “Recharge Days” 🔋to ensure you’re getting a break every month. Lattice has also implemented a 💻 remote-first hybrid model (team-dependent, you work from wherever makes you most comfortable). If that gets you excited, now is the perfect time to join; so bring your appetite for ownership and creation and help Lattice continue to grow! 🎉
Lattice is committed to equal treatment and opportunity in all aspects of recruitment, selection, and employment without regard to gender, race, religion, national origin, ethnicity, disability, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, veteran or military status, or any other category protected under the law. Lattice is an equal opportunity employer; committed to a community of inclusion, and an environment free from discrimination, harassment, and retaliation.