Posted on 9/25/2022
Seattle, WA, USA • San Francisco, CA, USA • Santa Clara, CA, USA
Development Operations (DevOps)
- 2+ years of engineering management experience of highly technical engineers
- 8+ years of hands-on technical experience in an Agile environment
- BS or MS degree in Computer Science or a related quantitative field of study. Equivalent work experience will be considered
- Demonstrated experience leading engineering teams focused on scalable, performant, reliable, and distributed web applications
- Demonstrated experience as a technical lead designing, building, and maintaining APIs, user experiences, services and systems
- Proficient in leveraging underlying platform capabilities or building from the ground up as needed
- Passionate about good engineering practices using Agile DevOps, driving high quality using Continuous integration/Continuous delivery (CI/CD) and continually improving processes
- Experience working with Cloud environments
- Effective communication skills, both verbal and written
- Recruit, mentor, and grow world-class engineers
- Partner with cross functional team members to develop and maintain a well defined roadmap, while balancing technological excellence
- Lead technical direction and architecture with engineering team members
- Facilitate coordination of multiple scrum teams to successfully deliver committed feature sets
- Drive best practices in training, development, and efficiencies across multiple feature teams
Data management & visualization platform
Splunk's mission is to address the challenges and opportunities of managing massive streams of machine-generated big data. Splunk is the leading software platform for machine data that enables customers to gain real-time Operational Intelligence.
- Medical, dental and vision insurance plans for regular, full-time U.S. employees — choose the best plans for you and your family. Plus: Health Savings Account (HSA), Life insurance and survivor benefits, Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA), Business travel and accident insurance, Voluntary Critical Illness & Hospital Indemnity
- Eligible employees enjoy: 401(k) Plan with a company match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP), Equity awards, Bonus or commission program
- We support you and your family: Paid parental leave, Mother rooms and wellness rooms, Family Planning
- Your work/life balance is important to us, that's why we offer: 16 company holidays, 15 vacation days, 10 sick days, 10 bereavement days, 5 volunteer days
- Ensuring our employees' success goes beyond insurance plans: Education reimbursement, Electric car charging stations, Employee Assistance Program (EAP), Stocked kitchens, Gym discounts/onsite fitness centers, Pet insurance discount, Student loan resources, Cool workspace with collaborative environments, 529 College Savings Plan
Company Core Values
- Innovative: We’re passionate about our customer success. We keep our energy laser-focused on giving our customers the best possible and most trustworthy experience, driven ultimately by integrity. After all, we’d be nothing without them.
- Open: We never stop learning or striving to create a positive impact. The work we do matters. We innovate at warp speed to disrupt the world's notion of what’s possible.
- Disruptive: We are humble and value openness and honesty. We speak our truths mindfully and in consideration of others. Candor is cool - respect is required.
- Fun: We embrace the ride (preferably in a Splunk t-shirt). We take our work seriously, but not ourselves. We weave an irreverent and infectious sense of fun into everything we do.
- Passionate: We cultivate an inclusive environment where all backgrounds are celebrated. Striving for equity and embracing our individual uniqueness is our secret sauce. And it will only make us stronger.
- #WeAreSplunk: We represent many functions and regions but are one team. We value each other's efforts and moonshot ideas. And we celebrate highs, and learn from lows, together. We trust and rely on each other. Remember: There’s no “I” in Splunk.