Ambiq’s mission is to develop the lowest-power semiconductor solutions to enable intelligent devices everywhere by developing the lowest-power semiconductor solutions to drive a more energy-efficient, sustainable, and data-driven world. Ambiq has helped leading manufacturers worldwide develop products that last weeks on a single charge (rather than days), while delivering a maximum feature set in compact industrial designs. Ambiq’s goal is to take Artificial Intelligence (AI) where it has never gone before in mobile and portable devices, using Ambiq’s advanced ultra-low power system on chip (SoC) solutions. Ambiq has shipped more than 200 million units as of March 2023. For more information, visit www.ambiq.com.
Our innovative and fast-moving teams of research, development, production, marketing, sales, and operations are spread across several continents, including the US (Austin and San Jose), Taiwan (Hsinchu), China (Shenzhen and Shanghai), Japan (Tokyo), and Singapore. We value continued technology innovation, fanatical attention to customer needs, collaborative decision-making, and enthusiasm for energy efficiency. We embrace candidates who also share these same values. The successful candidate must be self-motivated, creative, and comfortable learning and driving exciting new technologies. We encourage and nurture an environment for growth and opportunities to work on complex, interesting, and challenging projects that will create a lasting impact. Come join us on our quest for 100 billion devices. The endpoint intelligence revolution starts here.
As the Procurement Director at Ambiq, you will drive will oversee all engineering procurement activities and develop and execute procurement strategies to ensure that our organization obtains the highest quality products and services at the most competitive prices.
The role of the Procurement Director is to develop a strategic approach to the engineering procurement process for the purchase of IP, software, components, and engineering services. The successful candidate will be responsible for managing supplier relationships, contract negotiations, and procurement policies and procedures.
The successful candidate will be a results-oriented, metrics-driven leader with expertise in purchasing, supplier collaboration, development, and compliance. In addition, the selected candidate should be able to develop and maintain strong relationships with key internal stakeholders, including engineering, finance, and operations, to ensure that procurement strategies align with business needs.
- Develop and implement procurement strategies to meet business objectives, while minimizing total cost of ownership and maximizing value. Build and manage a high-performing procurement team, including hiring, training, and mentoring procurement professionals.
- Identify and assess potential suppliers, negotiate contracts, and manage supplier performance to ensure that products and services are delivered on time, within budget, and meet quality standards.
- Implement and maintain procurement policies and procedures, ensuring compliance with all relevant laws, regulations, and industry standards.
- Monitor market trends and best practices and recommend process improvements and cost-saving opportunities.
- Analyze spend data and provide regular reports and insights to senior management.
- This leadership role drives procurement of IP, software, components, and services.
- Responsible for all aspects of cost, quality and delivery required to meet Ambiq product development schedules.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, Supply Chain Management, logistics or a related field.
- Master’s degree preferred.
- Experience in the semiconductor or high-tech industry strongly preferred.
- 10+ years’ experience in IP and EDA procurement for semiconductor projects/companies
- Excellent negotiation, contract management, and supplier relationship management skills.
- Strong analytical and financial acumen, with experience in data analysis, forecasting, and budget management.
- Excellent skills in supplier management, contract management, and negotiation
- Ability to create and lead short, mid, and long- term strategies.
- Strong analytical and communication skills
- Expertise in building positive relationships internally and externally, and conflict resolution.
- Adept at influencing decisions and developing solutions to complex business situations.
- Strong experience with multi-discipline collaboration, communications, negotiations, and facilitation
- Proven track record of developing and executing procurement strategies that deliver cost savings, improve quality, and drive innovation.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to build strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Experience with sourcing and procurement and building a vendor program.
We value your privacy. Click here to learn more.