Iterable is the customer activation platform that helps brands deliver joyful experiences with harmonized, individualized, and dynamic communications at scale—Iterable is built for marketers, trusted by engineers, and designed with intelligence. We know this space well: our product team built the growth systems that powered Twitter’s early success. We’ve surpassed $100M in ARR and have raised more than $340M from top-tier investors like Index Ventures, Viking, and CRV, and hundreds of companies like Zillow, SeatGeek, and Box rely on us to captivate their many millions of users.
Developed for the enterprise, Iterable is built from modern technologies that transform cloud, partner and tool-specific data into integrated, personalized engagements. No matter the audience size or degree of campaign sophistication, Iterable empowers brands to implement where it matters most—creating experiences and promoting connections with over 2 billion people world-wide. Leading brands, like Zillow, DoorDash, Calm, Madison Reed, and Box, choose Iterable to power excellent customer experiences throughout the entire lifecycle.
Iterable’s momentum grows daily and there has never been a more exciting time to join the team! We’ve been recognized as one of the Best Places to Work - SF for the past four years, one of the Best Places to Work in Colorado for the past two years, and were named as one of Colorado’s Best Paying Companies! We’ve also been listed on Wealthfront’s Career Launching Companies List for the past two years, rank sixth on the list of Top 25 Companies Where Women Want to Work and hold a top 20 spot among the SaaS 100.
We have a global presence with offices in San Francisco, New York, Denver, and London, and remote employees located all over the world. As we scale, we continue to live by our core four, founding values - Trust, Growth Mindset, Balance, and Humility. To understand the Iterable story, and learn more about our mission, explore our Culture and About Us page.
We’re hiring a Senior Manager, Technical Writing to lead the Technical Writing team at Iterable and help us level up our support docs.
Iterable’s Technical Writing team delivers public-facing product documentation that customers rely on for information and guidance. This person will cultivate a deep understanding of Iterable’s customers and how they use our product, use that insight to help define a vision for our docs, and lead the team to bring that vision to life. They’ll drive cross-functional collaboration with Product, UX Research, Design, Engineering, Product Marketing (and other teams), create an environment where writers can successfully deliver high-impact content, and build a culture of docs.
How you will make a difference:
- Informed by customer insight, set an ambitious, high-impact vision for docs at Iterable. Lead our Technical Writing team to make it a reality.
- Build and nurture cross-functional relationships. Drive insight, prioritization, alignment, and efficiency.
- Advance the processes, standards, practices, and tools technical writers use to efficiently deliver and maintain high-quality content.
- Grow a culture of honesty, feedback, and critique.
- Create company-wide visibility into docs work at Iterable, and the way it impacts company success. Define, monitor, and promote success metrics.
- Champion a culture of docs. Encourage people across the company to contribute and update content.
We are looking for people who have:
- Experience leading technical writing teams to have outsized impact — preferably for a marketing technology product.
- Confidence leading complex, cross-functional initiatives in fast-paced, SaaS startup environments.
- Experience partnering with user research teams to drive customer insight.
- The curiosity, decisiveness, and humility to lead in the face of ambiguity, drive goals to completion, learn from results, and iterate.
- A well-informed point of view about what makes for successful documentation, and a history of delivering the necessary standards, processes, and tools to create it.
- Comfort and experience collaborating with leaders, at any level, across the company.
- A deep affinity for developers and a history of working with them.
- The ability to provide honest, clear, specific, and empathetic writing feedback.
- A strategic mindset that can hold multiple points of view in tension.
- Deep experience as a manager, and a genuine love for helping technical writers grow their careers.
- A skill for recruiting and hiring excellent technical writers.
- A love for working with engineers, designers, and product managers.
- Specific experience delivering improvements to documentation tools.
- Zendesk experience.
- Experience with docs-as-code workflows. A love for Git, GitHub, Markdown, and the command line.
- Coding experience.
- Experience writing UX copy.
- Data visualization and illustration skills.
Perks & Benefits:
- Paid parental leave
- Competitive salaries, meaningful equity, & 401(k) plan
- Medical, dental, vision, & life insurance
- Balance Day (First Friday off every month)
- Fertility & Adoption Assistance
- Paid Sabbatical
- Flexible PTO
- Monthly Employee Wellness allowance
- Monthly Professional Development allowance
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Complete laptop workstation
We’re rethinking traditional workplace planning and looking to strengthen belonging, innovation, productivity, and happiness whether it’s in an office, from home, or a hybrid of the two. As such, we’ve moved to a single geographical compensation band for all of our employees (the San Francisco Bay Area market for the US, London for the UK).
The annual base salary range for this position is $150,150 - $202,650. This range reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position across all US locations. Within the range, individual pay is determined based on factors including job-related skills, experience, relevant education or training, and internal equity considerations. While we use our full salary ranges, we only consider offering a salary near the top of the range in situations where the candidate far exceeds the experience level and skills required for the role.
Please note that the compensation details listed in US role postings reflect the base salary only. The total compensation package includes variable pay (where applicable), equity, plus a range of benefits, including medical, dental, vision, and financial. In addition we offer perks such as generous stipends for health & fitness and learning & development, among others
Iterable is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. Iterable does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender-identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. Iterable also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and other similar state laws and local ordinances, and its internal policy, Iterable will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.