Senior Software Test Engineer
Confirmed live in the last 24 hours
Dorchester, Boston, MA, USA
Google Cloud Platform
Quality Assurance (QA)
- BS, MS, or Equivalent in Computer Science or a related technical field
- 5+ years of QA/automation engineering experience on large scale distributed systems
- Proficiency in a language like Java/C++/Python/Go/C# and automation frameworks. Nice to haves include familiarity with Cypress, Jenkins, and Datadog. Dremio is heavy on Java
- Hands on experience in integration of automation using CI/CD tools like Jenkins
- Experience in planning and executing QA/Automation tasks to completion and taking ownership of quality during a set of sprints
- Experience in designing, implementing, executing and analyzing automated tests for complex, production system software
- Experience in analyzing deep product issues and following issue resolution
- Hands on experience of working projects on AWS, Azure or Google Cloud Platform
- Hands on experience with various Backend/UI automation frameworks and tools
- Ability to create reusable components to automate repeatable, manual activities
- Ability to write technical reports and summary and present to leadership team
- Passion for learning and delivering using latest technologies
- Excellent communication skills and affinity for collaboration and teamwork
- Passion and ability to work in a fast paced and agile development environment
- Hands on experience in distributed query processing or optimization
- Hands on experience with relational databases or query engines
- There is some manual testing. We'd love for there to be no manual testing. The further you could move us away from manual testing, the better
- We are developing an on-call rotation. At present it is business hours only
- Deliver end to end quality and automation independently using agile methodologies
- Translate deep insight of architecture, product, specifications into robust test plans covering all aspects of testing including smoke, functional, reliance, performance, load, scalability and security
- Evaluate, apply, document, and evangelize the latest tools, techniques and research insights to drive improvements into a world-class data analytics engine
- Train other engineers in best practices. Push for continuous improvement in Testing within the team and across the engineering organization
- Develop robust test automation that is reliable and maintainable and provides accurate assessment of product quality
- Integrate test automation scripts into build system for repeatable execution
- Collaborate with other engineering and customer success functions to simulate customer data and usage patterns to execute test runs, identify and fix customer issues and make sure that customers get highly reliable, reliant, optimized Dremio experience
- Analyze and debug customer issues in customer environments
- Actively participate in code and design reviews to maintain exceptional quality and deepen your understanding of the system architecture and implementation
- Understanding of distributed file systems like S3 or ADLS or HDFS and HIVE
- Familiarity with Apache projects like Iceberg, Nessie, or Arrow
Data lake engine
Dremio’s leading the way to reimagine your data architecture. Removing barriers, accelerating time to insight, putting control in the hands of the user.
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Stock Options
- Work From Home
- Office Events
- Parental Leave Benefits
- Paid Time Off
Company Core Values
- Communicate with clarity.
- Drive accountability.
- Be respectful.
- Confront brutal facts.
- Focus on results.
- Operate with urgency.
- Build a flywheel.