Posted on 12/6/2022
Austin, TX, USA • Remote in USA
- Bachelor's Degree
- 10+ years of paralegal experience at a financial services company or leading law firm
- Experience working for a publicly-listed technology company
- Previous roles that emphasized project management, scaling processes, and prioritizing, with a creative problem-solving edge
- Attention to detail
- Ability to maintain an energetic and positive attitude, especially under pressure
- Ability to work independently and be flexible with time commitments
- Capacity to exercise discretion with highly confidential business information
- Experience running blackline/comparison software
- Experience/familiarity with MacOS, Google Suite (Gmail, Sheets, Slides, and Docs), Docusign, Microsoft office (including Excel) and Slack
- Providing support to Circle's global legal operations, particularly in relation to corporate, employment to product and regulatory matters
- Maintaining knowledge of the applicable legal framework, laws, regulations, and industry policies within department specialty areas
- Establishing legal tools, playbooks and policies by identifying and creating team efficiencies, scalability and consistency through the use of technology
- Helping build and update standards and practices for legal review and approvals
- Advocating for the adoption of new processes for the team, and across clients and business teams
- Owning and maintaining corporate governance records, which will include corporate formations, coordinating federal, state and local filings and overseeing outside law firms and secretarial companies
- Responding to vendor diligence and KYC requests
- Management of Circle's capitalization table
- Supporting M&A transactions, including post-closing filings and other subsidiary integration matters
- Partnering cross-functionally in the review and completion of different forms for license applications in diverse jurisdictions
- Maintaining, managing, and tracking the company's contract management system, including but not limited to contract renewals, terminations, and database and file management
- Engaging in other projects as required
- Multistakeholder - you have dedication and commitment to our customers, shareholders, employees and families and local communities
- Mindful - you seek to be respectful, an active listener and to pay attention to detail
- Driven by Excellence - you are driven by our mission and our passion for customer success which means you relentlessly pursue excellence, that you do not tolerate mediocrity and you work intensely to achieve your goals
- High Integrity - you seek open and honest communication, and you hold yourself to very high moral and ethical standards. You reject manipulation, dishonesty and intolerance
Platform for businesses to accept payments and send payouts
Circle's mission is to raise global economic prosperity through programmable internet commerce. The company is a global financial technology firm that’s at the center of digital currency innovation and open financial infrastructure.
- Paid time off - We offer flexible paid time off — take what you need as long as it works with you and your team, and all Circle employees get mobile phone and home office reimbursements.
- Health coverage - No matter where you live, we offer a market competitive suite of benefits. Enroll in health, dental, vision, disability, and life insurances, and Circle covers some or all of the premiums.
- Invested in your future - All U.S. full-time and part-time employees enjoy 401(k) and pensions (with 4% company match if you contribute 5% or more), and share Circle’s success via company equity awards.
- Learning & development - Your individual growth and development is important to us and we provide the resources to help you grow your career while at Circle.
Company Core Values
- We are Multistakeholder - As an institution, we exist in a broad stakeholder context, which means that we must organize, incentivize and measure ourselves against meeting the needs of all of our stakeholders — our customers, our shareholders, our employees and families, our local communities and our world.
- We are Mindful - We seek to be present and aware, to be respectful, active listeners (with each other and with our customers alike), and to pay attention to detail. We don’t rush to judgement, and when we are swept up by strong emotions we patiently observe and acknowledge them and try to not just react. Our mindfulness leads to better understanding, and more respectful, careful and deliberate choices.
- We are Driven by Excellence - We are driven by our mission and our passion for customer success. Being driven also means that we relentlessly pursue excellence, that we do not tolerate mediocrity, that we reward based on merit, and that we work intensely to achieve our goals. Being driven doesn’t mean that we are assholes and plough over people or tolerate a culture of aggressiveness. We are a team. Part of our drive is to bring everyone along in our collective achievement.
- We are High Integrity - We seek open and honest communication, and hold ourselves to very high moral and ethical standards. When we say we will do something, we do it. When we are having difficulty and need help, we talk about it. We treat each other and our customers with the utmost respect. We reject manipulation, dishonesty and intolerance. We welcome vulnerability and uncertainty, which needs to be listened to in order to bring people along, and helps us to constantly learn and improve. Our customers and partners implicitly experience us as high integrity, and our customer centric choices demonstrate this to them again and again.