Are you ready to make an impact?
Ready to thrive in a foundational step on your sales career journey?
With over 20% growth expected in 2023, West Monroe seeks a Business Development Representative.
This is an inside sales position that works in a flexible office / remote setting and is responsible for generating new business through omnichannel communications with potential clients. The job involves identifying and originating new sales opportunities by executing follow-up on inbound leads as well as outbound campaigns, building and maintaining relationships with new and existing accounts, and achieving sales goals/quotas.
Reporting to our Director of Business Development, the Business Development Representative will join our growing national sales team and operate out of our Chicago headquarters. Specifically, you will be driving new opportunities for digital strategy and product engineering consulting engagements. You will provide support to both our Marketing Team and our national team of Business Development Executives (field sales team).
This is an outstanding role for aspiring sales and account management professionals who wish to advance their sales career on a high-performing team with advancement opportunities. We offer highly competitive compensation and benefits packages.
What will you be doing?
Demand Generation and Sales Operations – For conversion to qualified sales opportunities
- Execute timely follow-up on high volumes of digital leads, both inbound (“contact us”) and outbound (scored), managing successful handoffs to Sales partners; track all activity (email, phone, LinkedIn) within Salesforce
- Provide closed loop connection to attendees of marketing events
- Assist account teams with identifying and actioning new buying centers for West Monroe products and services
- Execute other special projects around outbound connections to current and prospective clients (e.g., managing accuracy and freshness of client reference database)
- Collaborate closely with marketing team for comprehensive lead follow-up and execution of campaigns directed at new targeted prospects and existing accounts for expansion opportunities/new buying centers
- Ongoing analysis of lead quality, hand-off process, and subsequent outcomes vs. Firmwide goals to identify opportunities for improvement, reporting back to key stakeholders in marketing and sales
- Demonstrate experience in inside sales / lead conversions resulting in $1M + in annual sales
- B2B sales conversant with both corporate functional and IT buying influences
- Familiarity with selling in the consulting/professional services business model (statements of work, pricing, pursuit strategy, team selling collaboration)
- “Hunter Mentality” approach to sales outreach
We need someone who can bring the following to the table:
- Able to work independently and as a team player in originating and transitioning sales pursuits
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Aggressive self-starter who can also quarterback collaborative follow-up strategies
- Effective time management and organization skills
- Bachelor’s degree
- Familiarity with CRM technologies, data tools and other marketing and sales technologies. Salesforce experience is a strong plus.
- Experience in professional services, B2B or SaaS/high-tech industry preferred
- Comfort working in a metrics-driven environment
- Ability to think creatively about your outreach strategies
- Desire to work closely with a cross-functional demand generation team
- Helpful Character Traits:
- Success Orientation
- Emotional Intelligence
- People Reader
Based on pay transparency guidelines, the salary range for this role can vary based on your proximity to one of our West Monroe offices (see table below). Information on our competitive total rewards package, including our bonus structure and benefits is here. Individual salaries are determined by evaluating a variety of factors including geography, experience, skills, education, and internal equity.
Employees (and their families) are covered by medical, dental, vision, and basic life insurance. Employees are able to enroll in our company’s 401k plan, purchase shares from our employee stock ownership program and be eligible to receive annual bonuses. Employees will also receive unlimited flexible time off and ten paid holidays throughout the calendar year. Ten weeks of paid parental leave will also be available for use after successful completion of one year of employment.
Seattle or Washington, D.C.
New York City or San Francisco
A location not listed above
West Monroe is a digital services firm that partners with companies in transformative industries to deliver quantifiable financial value. We believe that digital is a mindset and it’s something companies become, not something they do. We bring together diverse, multidisciplinary teams that use their expertise to develop and execute new ideas and ways of working.
At West Monroe, we invest in our people and care in a big way. We are growing the next generation of leaders who lead with inclusion, enabling us to address our clients’ most complex challenges. If you’re looking for a place where you’ll feel supported, our team will help you grow. We believe that growth breeds opportunity for all. And know that when we come together, we can do what’s never been done.
Our fast-paced culture and collaborative teams bring the energy and expertise needed to make an impact and deliver beyond expectations. If you are ready to set big goals with us, join us on our journey of building what matters for our clients, our people, and our communities.
West Monroeis an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
We believe in treating each employee and applicant for employment fairly and with dignity. We base our employment decisions on merit, experience, and potential, without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, religion, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic prohibited by federal, state or local law. To learn more about inclusion and diversity at West Monroe, visit www.westmonroe.com/inclusion.
If you are based in California, we encourage you to read West Monroe’s Notice at Collection for California residents, provided pursuant to the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) and linked here.