Figma is growing our team of passionate people on a mission to make design accessible to all. Born on the Web, Figma helps entire product teams brainstorm, create, test, and ship better designs, together. From great products to long-lasting companies, we believe that nothing great is made alone—come make with us!
We are looking for a PM to explore a new product opportunity related to the core Figma product. As the PM leading this area, you will be responsible for working with the research team to understand the gaps in how people use our product today. You will flesh out and refine the overall product hypothesis, and validate this hypothesis with customers. You will also be responsible for iterating on the implementation until we have a product that customers truly love.
You will become an expert in how designers work today, as well as some of the unaddressed needs of their existing workflows, and you will bring that learning back to the team. You will advocate for big changes and additions to Figma’s core product that have the potential to change how the design industry works in the future.
This is a full time role that can be held from one of our US hubs or remotely in the United States.
What you’ll do at Figma:
- Along with leadership, help develop and build alignment around a product strategy for a new product opportunity.
- Along with the research team, you will do many rounds of in-depth customer research to validate and refine the product idea.
- Work with design to determine how to best integrate this product idea into the core Figma offering.
- Help your team do all the things you’d expect from a PM org, like driving planning and prioritization, defining and tracking key metrics, collaborating on marketing, messaging, positioning, and go-to-market plans
We’d love to hear from you if you:
- Have experience with the ambiguity associated with 0 to 1 projects.
- Can take customer learnings and turn them into a cohesive product vision and drive internal alignment.
- Can think about systems-oriented solutions to complex authoring problems.
- Have deep user empathy and are able to understand complex product spaces.
- Have a design background, or if you have a love of design in general.
- Love creating the environment for a team happy, successful team.
- Are unafraid to do whatever it takes to make your team successful, whether that’s sweating the small details, doing IC work, or going back and forth with execs to find the right way forward.
- Have an affinity for the fast-paced, changing environment of a start-up, a sense of humor and get-it-done personality
At Figma, one of our values is Grow as you go. We believe in hiring smart, curious people who are excited to learn and develop their skills. If you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with the points outlined in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
Pay Transparency Disclosure
If based in Figma’s San Francisco or New York hub offices, this role has the annual base salary range stated below.
Job level and actual compensation will be decided based on factors including, but not limited to, individual qualifications objectively assessed during the interview process (including skills and prior relevant experience, potential impact, and scope of role), market demands, and specific work location. The listed range is a guideline, and the range for this role may be modified. For roles that are available to be filled remotely, the pay range is localized according to employee work location by a factor of between 80% and 100% of range. Please discuss your specific work location with your recruiter for more information.
Figma offers equity to employees, as well a competitive package of additional benefits, including health, dental & vision, retirement with company contribution, parental leave & reproductive or family planning support, mental health & wellness benefits, generous PTO, company recharge days, a learning & development stipend, a work from home stipend, and cell phone reimbursement. Figma also offers sales incentive pay for most sales roles. Figma’s compensation and benefits are subject to change and may be modified in the future.
Annual Base Salary Range (SF/NY Hub):
We will work to ensure individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please let your recruiter know if you require accommodation.
Dylan Field and Evan Wallace co-founded Figma in 2012 with the vision of building tools for designers in the browser. Their goal was to create the first design tool that combined the accessibility of the Web with the functionality of a native app. Today Figma is a platform with tools and spaces to support the entire product development process—idea to design to build—and has simplified collaboration for companies like Microsoft, Uber, and The New York Times to name a few.
At Figma, we celebrate and support our differences. We know employing a team rich in diverse backgrounds, experiences, and opinions allows our employees, products, and community to flourish. Figma is an equal opportunity workplace—we are dedicated to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national orientation, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.