Electric Hydrogen’s mission is to create an abundant and decarbonized material future. Our outstanding people are our most important asset and will allow us to deliver hydrogen from renewable electrolysis for heavy industry, at prices below fossil fuels.
We are looking for a Facilities Technician to support the operations of our facilities in San Carlos and San Jose, CA. Reporting to the Facilities Manager, you will provide support to technical, engineering and office staff while working with management to maintain and improve the facilities. You will also be the contact for external contractors (electricians, plumbers, HVAC, etc.).
You will be based onsite in San Carlos with occasional trips to other facilities as needed. Candidates must be willing to share the on-call rotation for Facility Emergencies (which hopefully will not come up often). Evening, weekend, or holiday hours may be required as necessary.
- Support the ongoing efforts of our environmental health and safety (EHS) efforts and be a proactive member of the EH2 Safety Committee
- Perform tasks to support the growth and development of teams, including hanging shelving, moving offices and furniture, patching or painting walls and floors, etc.
- Support Facilities Engineering by taking ownership of small projects and supporting tasks on larger projects
- Support preventive maintenance tasks for buildings, utilities, labs, and equipment
- Perform daily rounds to ensure equipment and utilities are working correctly, and to identify sources of continuous improvement
- Support Shipping and receiving where needed
- Ensure manufacturing equipment installation requirements are present before installation (Electrical, Plumbing, Venting, etc.)
- Perform root cause evaluation for underperforming critical systems and failed critical components; Track and prioritize resolution of these failures
- Work with projects team to ensure newly installed assets or facilities are captured in the CMMS system
- Coordinate with and escort vendors throughout the facility
- Housekeeping, waste removal and seasonal support, including removal of ice/snow and leaves
- 3+ years experience in facilities maintenance or equivalent related functions
- Knowledge of health and safety standards and Industry Codes (OSHA, EPA, DEP, ADA) and other environmental regulations
- Knowledge of building systems (electrical, plumbing, HVAC, lighting) and codes
- Knowledge of general maintenance methods, operating requirements, and safety precautions related to facilities management
- Valid drivers’ license
- Physical stamina needed for climbing ladders and medium to heavy lifting (ability to lift up to 50lbs)
- Experience using a hand truck, dolly, or forklift
- CMMS experience (Maximo, 360 etc.)
- Previous background in manufacturing/clean technology with attention to electrical
- Experience with a trade (plumbing, electrician, controls, HVAC or pipefitting)
- Experience with purified water (RO/DI)
- Forklift license/certification
- Hoist/crane certification
- Startup experience
- Carpentry and repair skills
- PC literacy is helpful especially knowledge of spreadsheet, database, and scheduling programs (MS Office, Todoist etc.)
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
[San Carlos, CA Zone]
Actual base salary offered to the hired applicant will be determined based on their work location, level, qualifications, job-related skills, as well as relevant education or training and experience.
Base salary is just one part of Electric Hydrogen’s total rewards package. We feel strongly that our team should not have to worry about having quality healthcare. In addition to the base salary offered, the hired applicant may receive:
- an equity grant
- time off programs
- a $75/month cell phone allowance
- a 4% employer 401(k) match
- 100% fully paid premiums for employees and their families: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short-term & long-term disability coverage
- a discretionary bonus
Electric Hydrogen’s benefits programs are subject to eligibility requirements.
COVID-19 vaccination required for all employees and contingent workers, unless a reasonable accommodation is approved. All prospective hires will be expected to provide proof of vaccination to attend an onsite interview or at their first day of employment.
About Electric Hydrogen
Electric Hydrogen is a team of the world’s experts in scaling technologies for the post-carbon world, with a proven record in transforming the grid and transportation sectors. Backed by some of the world’s top venture capital firms, we design and manufacture electrolytic hydrogen systems matched to renewable power sources to create green hydrogen by splitting water. We are building a cost-effective and transformative path between renewable energy and multiple large industrial sectors. Abundant and low-cost renewable energy sources will power the world, and Electric Hydrogen technology will use this energy to decarbonize industry through sustainable materials. We were founded in 2020 and are based in California and Massachusetts.
Electric Hydrogen is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace for all to belong. We are aware that people from historically underrepresented groups are less likely to apply if they don’t meet 100% of the job requirements. We are actively working on efforts to change this social norm. If you are excited about this role, we encourage you to apply!