Do you have a passion for helping others? Are you naturally curious, comfortable working in a team-based environment and committed to exceeding client expectations? Brighton Jones is looking for a Lead Advisor to join the team and provide immediate positive service impact for our clients. In this critical role, you have the primary responsibility for client relationships, and work closely with each client to establish their comprehensive wealth management strategy. A Lead Advisor has extensive client contact and directs both internal and external resources to accomplish client objectives. Our Lead Advisors embody our culture, serving clients and leveraging our centralized client experience, marketing, business development and operations teams.
Who are we? Brighton Jones is one of the nation’s fastest growing RIA’s headquartered in Seattle, Washington. Over the past 20 years our team-based approach, relentless focus in evolving our service model and operational foundation has enabled us to grow 100% organically from a 2 person start up to a 200-person enterprise, helping over 2,000 families and advising on over $8B in assets. Creating and maintaining an incredible culture is our secret sauce and our goal is to make sure each of our teammates loves working here, what they do, who they do it with, and who they do it for.
- Acts as a Personal CFO for existing clients and new clients; leads the client relationship, delivers an exceptional experience, and designs, implements and manages the wealth management plan that supports their passions and purpose - their “Life Plan”.
- Leverages internal and external resources to achieve client objectives in such areas as Investment Management, Estate Planning, Tax Planning, Risk Management, and General Planning.
- Communicates our unique value proposition to prospective clients and works to establish Brighton Jones as their trusted financial advisor.
- Develop and expand relationships with centers of influence, such as attorneys and CPAs, resulting in additional business opportunities
- Cultivates and develops deep relationships with custodial retail branches in collaboration with the national team.
- Creates opportunities and represents Brighton Jones at public speaking events including community events, industry events, etc..
- Leads a local service team with deep collaboration to ensure client retention and satisfaction is high with a relentless focus on remarkable service.
- Support Business Development team in new client acquisition through participation in the sales process and generates referrals from existing clients.
- Support Brighton Jones’ mission by using objectivity, creativity and passion to help our clients, colleagues and community members “live richer lives”.
- Provide teammates with timely, candid and constructive performance feedback; develop employees to their fullest potential and provide challenging opportunities that enhance career growth.
- Assist with development and presentation of training programs including coaching of team members on financial planning strategies.
- Your Experience:
- Candidates must have a four-year degree and the CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ (CFP®) designation.
- 6+ years in financial and/or estate planning related work, preferably at a professional financial services company or wealth management firm.
- Expertise in estate, tax, retirement, insurance, investment, and cash flow/capital needs planning analysis.
- Unquestioned commitment to integrity in personal and professional activities.
- Highly motivated with ability to function well in a fast-paced environment.
- Self-starter by nature.
- Excellent organizational, leadership, communication and presentation skills.
- Able to manage heavy workloads and projects, many on a time-sensitive basis, as well as interacting with tight-knit team of professionals with a range of financial and tax activities.
- This role is an in-office, full-time, and exempt position. We are a work from office culture with lots of flexibility.
We are a company that uses creativity and passion to help our clients, colleagues, and the global community live richer lives. We are a nationally recognized wealth management firm with a strong talent focus.
At Brighton Jones, we are passionate about building a team of people with diverse backgrounds, ideas, and experiences. Varied voices and perspectives make us stronger, and we believe that individuality—your secret sauce!—allows us to be more successful as a group, raise the bar in all that we do, and enables us to better serve our clients and the global community.
Our strong cultural DNA is vital to who we are and the services we provide as a firm. Our MESI program (Mindfulness-based Social and Emotional Intelligence) empowers our employees, clients, and community to be present and act with intention and compassion. Through a growth mindset, we work to inspire, support, challenge, and motivate each other to be the best version of ourselves every day.
To the right individual, we offer a very competitive compensation and benefits package for our industry. If you meet the above requirements, please apply online. In your cover letter, please describe your professional passions and ultimate career objectives.
Brighton Jones provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Brighton Jones complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has offices. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Brighton Jones expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Brighton Jones’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.