Gladly is a Radically Personal Customer Service Platform that puts people at the center of a single, lifelong conversation. We enable companies to talk to their customers the way people talk to their friends: seamlessly across voice, email, SMS, chat, and social media.
Gladly’s data products are a foundation for enabling contact center leaders to understand their team’s performance and identify opportunities for their company. Because of Gladly’s unique approach to customer service, the data we provide is a key differentiator, not an afterthought. Our data warehouse also gives Gladly’s customer success team the insights to help customers optimize their use of the product. We create a range of metrics and datasets based on carefully designed events and data models. We are looking for an analytics engineer to join our small, fast-growing and high impact team.
What you’ll do
- Design and create data sets and metrics to cater to the needs of Gladly customers and internal audiences.
- Collaborate with various Gladly teams to design the data warehouse schema, modeling it in a way that empowers other teams to answer their questions.
- Build, test and operate transformations of event streams and transactional data into analytics models.
- Apply software engineering best practices like CI/CD and observability to the analytics code base.
- Build tooling and monitoring to ensure data warehouse cost effectiveness and scalability.
You’ll be successful by
- Being eager to learn Gladly’s business domain and apply this knowledge in building the innovative product.
- Self-organizing and prioritizing your work based on the impact to the customer.
- Understanding how to balance pragmatic solutions with best practices of data modeling and software engineering.
- Showing ownership and pride in your work by promoting the best practices of building analytics models within Gladly, educating other engineers on the warehouse design, and providing ongoing maintenance and support.
We’re excited about you because you have
- 7+ years of engineering experience including 5+ years of data modeling and transformation.
- Strong teamwork skills; you love participating with high-performing teams of engineers.
- Customer-centricity and product focus. You look at everything you create through the lens of how it improves things for the end-user. You are comfortable communicating how various technical approaches might impact the product behavior (and vice versa).
- Learning mentality. You aren’t intimidated by new domains or technology; you’re willing to dive into documentation/videos, talk to your teammates, and experiment to become well-versed.
- Competence with data modeling and transformation, software design, experience with cloud architectures.
- Willingness to work across the development stack. You enjoy working on data modeling and transformation and are also fluent with data infrastructure. You’re willing to jump into the Gladly backend application on occasion.
- Operational expertise. You value robust repeatable data transformations with actionable monitoring and the importance of tooling for resolving issues.
- (Bonus) Experience with the technologies we use: dbt, Go, Python, Snowflake, Looker, Postgres, Kafka, Redis, Docker, Kubernetes, AWS.
Research has shown that individuals from marginalized groups are less likely to apply to jobs where they don’t meet 100% of the criteria. Gladly values diversity of experience, so if you believe you have the right skill set, we welcome you to apply - even if you don’t check every box in the job description. We’re committed to an inclusive workplace and would love to see if you could be the next great addition to our team.
For cash compensation, we set standard ranges for all U.S.-based roles based on function, level, and geographic location, benchmarked against similar stage growth companies. In order to be compliant with local legislation, as well as to provide greater transparency to candidates, we share salary ranges on all job postings regardless of desired hiring location. Final offer amounts are determined by multiple factors, including geographic location as well as candidate experience and expertise, and may vary from the amounts listed above.
Working at Gladly
People are not just at the heart of our product, they’re at the heart of our company.
- We value diverse perspectives and hire new people to enrich our mix, not keep it the same.
- We believe in open communication and share in an inclusive, open culture.
- We have embraced remote work and make it easy for our team to work from anywhere, but we also invest in opportunities to get the teams together in person regularly.
- We learn from each other, and we help each other learn.
- We have a strong work ethic, but value life outside of work, too.
Our focus is on people and that starts with our employees. As an employee you can count on:
- Competitive salaries, stock options
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Life insurance
- Generous paid time off
- Generous paid Parental Leave
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Wellness and home office stipends
Founded in 2014 by a team of repeat entrepreneurs with multiple successful exits, Gladly is reinventing customer service. By focusing on customers instead of tickets, we are disrupting a $70B market and are proud to count Crate and Barrel, Warby Parker and many other innovative brands as customers. Gladly has raised over $110M from Greylock Partners, NEA, GGV Capital, Glynn Capital and JetBlue Tech Ventures.
Gladly is closely monitoring the coronavirus disease (COVID-19). With a focus on employee safety, our current policy is that all employees be fully vaccinated and boostered against COVID-19 with an FDA-approved vaccine and provide proof or an approved medical or religious exemption.
Gladly has made the decision to become a fully distributed company, allowing employees to live anywhere in the United States, and candidates to come from nearly any geographical region. That said, we also highly value our collaborative and creative culture and commit to meeting in real life as a company at least once per quarter when it is safe to do so.