Internal Audit Lead
Updated on 3/23/2023
- Have experience scoping and planning new, complex audits in the financial services industry
- Have experience leading audit teams and coaching team members
- Be comfortable conducting walkthroughs, creating audit test plans, and executing internal controls testing
- Have experience working with financial services companies, and have a working knowledge of laws, regulations and risk management standards for financial services
- Have the ability to quickly grasp and understand complex business processes
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Be able to manage their own schedule to ensure deadlines are met
- Be a self-starter, someone who likes to innovate and think about how we can do things differently to be more efficient and effective
- Experience with IT audits is a nice to have
- Scope, plan and lead internal audits across Mercury products and operations
- Conduct process walkthroughs and execute audit testing to confirm the design and operational effectiveness of internal controls
- Assess compliance with Mercury's compliance obligations
- Socialize, document and report audit issues identified
- Work with teams on audit issue remediation and conduct issue follow up testing
- Other duties as assigned
Banking for startups
Mercury is on a mission to build a banking stack for startups. The company provides banking services and APIs for startups.
- Health, dental, & vision
- Custom equipment setup
- 401(K) matching
- 12+ weeks paid parental leave
- Book budget
- Wellness benefits
- Grocery budget
- Paid lunch
- Personalized callsign
- Unlimited vacation policy (with mandatory minimum)
Company Core Values
- Think actively: Question processes. Give thoughtful responses. Find the best way instead of going by how it’s always been done.
- Appreciate quality: Take pride in crafting a lasting product. Work with the best equipment. Invest in great things that improve your life.
- Be super helpful: Go above and beyond to solve problems. Exercise empathy. Deliver magic to customers and coworkers.
- Maximize efficiency: Minimize unnecessary meetings and management. Work together with others to get the job finished.
- Act with humility: Treat everyone with respect. Leave egos at the door.
- Focus on product: Ask yourself how the product can be better today than it was yesterday.