Posted on 7/12/2022
Seattle, WA, USA • San Francisco, CA, USA • Austin, TX, USA • Los Angeles...
Development Operations (DevOps)
- 3+ years of experience as a software engineer building and shipping production quality code
- 3+ years of experience with mobile infrastructure (LTE and 5G) or Wi-Fi
- Experience with core networking fundamentals (layers 1-3+) and internet protocol stack
- Experience with Linux/UNIX systems and cloud infrastructure deployments
- Experience with writing and shipping reliable, scalable, and efficient code, with an emphasis on long-term maintainability, in partnership with all appropriate reviewers, in manageable pieces with relevant documentation and test plans
- Experience with software design and architecture
- Experience communicating technical concepts to non-technical audiences
- Currently has, or is in the process of obtaining a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, relevant technical field, or equivalent practical experience. Degree must be completed prior to joining Meta
- Be a subject matter expert in various parts of the infrastructure stack across Wi-Fi and mobile networks. Leverage this expertise to support Meta Reality Labs (MRL) and other teams in scoping, designing and deploying infrastructure solutions to deliver high quality in-home and mobile experiences for users
- Troubleshoot technical issues encountered during trials and deployments, in real-time cooperation with their engineering and second level operations teams. Work with internal technical teams on resolving those issues
- Build new products and improve existing ones in collaboration with Meta product engineering teams and cross functional partners to meet business needs
- Understand and apply deep knowledge of products, technologies, and business to build solutions to solve for problems at scale
- Design and build end-to-end systems and launch-plan strategies
- Use broad range of technical and soft skills to build productive relationships with our partners, and independently resolve complex technical and business needs
- Use expertise and product insight to deliver high-quality project/integration/partner engagements, while influencing product roadmap to meet the business needs
- Guide workflow changes, and gain consensus from stakeholders while driving toward solutions
- Respond and maintain effective communication with industry partners and internal stakeholders
- Work with partners to develop a long- term strategic plans, grounded on business objectives, and manage partners during integrations with Meta's platform products and ensure value creation
- Build and manage strong working relationships with technical counterparts. Mentor and share knowledge with peers, creating a positive atmosphere amongst team
- Conduct code reviews and provide constructive feedback while quickly implementing feedback from code reviews conducted of your code
- Influence decision-making through presentation of data-centric business topics
- Serve as a subject matter expert within Business Engineering and provide consultation on domain-level projects
- Participate in interviewing and onboarding of new team members
- Willingness to travel 25% of the time
- Experience with DevOps, CI/CD and/or Release Engineering tools and processes
- Experience with public cloud services and tools for deploying/maintaining containerized applications e.g. Docker, Kubernetes, Terraform etc
- Knowledge of 5G RAN or OpenRAN interfaces (F1/E1/X2/XN/NG) along with functional splits and key procedures
- Experience contributing to open source projects, shared code repositories, and/or personal projects
- Experience working on multi-person code bases including open source or personal projects
- Experience with open source contributions (especially as part of larger projects)
- Experience contributing to developer and platform documentation
- Client/partner-facing and/or experience communicating to an audience
- Experience working in highly collaborative environments
Parent company of Facebook, WhatsApp, Instagram, & more
Meta's mission is to make the world more open and connected— and give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together.
Company Core Values
- Give People a Voice - People deserve to be heard and to have a voice — even when that means defending the right of people we disagree with.
- Serve Everyone - We work to make technology accessible to everyone, and our business model is ads so our services can be free.
- Promote Economic Opportunity - Our tools level the playing field so businesses grow, create jobs and strengthen the economy.
- Build Connection and Community - Our services help people connect, and when they’re at their best, they bring people closer together.
- Keep People Safe and Protect Privacy - We have a responsibility to promote the best of what people can do together by keeping people safe and preventing harm.