Application priority deadline: March 20, 2023
BerlinRosen is a fast-growing, full-service communications firm with more than 300 communications and campaign strategists in New York, Washington, D.C. and Los Angeles. Since its founding in 2005, BerlinRosen has powerfully expanded its presence in corporate, social impact/ESG, nonprofit, entertainment, media, racial justice, healthcare, hospitality, real estate, architecture, design, urbanism, land use, lifestyle, technology, gaming and digital entertainment, issue advocacy and workers’ rights communications. We have received more than 50 awards and recognitions, including being the only agency to be named #1 on Observer’s PR Power List for three consecutive years,PRNews’ Large PR Agency of the Year (2021) and 5/5 Stars on Forbes’ latest Best PR Agencies in America list.
People of color, people with disabilities and women are strongly encouraged to apply. BerlinRosen is committed to building and maintaining a diverse staff, and recognizes that its continued success depends on hiring and retaining high-quality, creative professionals with a variety of backgrounds and experiences. Opportunities for advancement exist, and we are committed to helping all staff develop and grow.
ABOUT THE GAMING AND TECH PUBLIC RELATIONS INTERNSHIP
BerlinRosen is seeking highly motivated individuals who are interested in getting hands-on public relations experience. We’re proud to offer an internship program that offers the skills and experiences to be successful. In 2022, 22% of our BR interns continued with us in full-time roles!
The Gaming, Digital Entertainment & Lifestyle Tech division, referred to as the DigiTech team, is composed of gaming, technology and digital entertainment PR industry professionals with dozens of collective years of experience working with B2B and B2C brands at every stage of every size. The team is uniquely positioned to build and execute omnichannel PR experiences across the vastness of the gaming, digital entertainment and consumer technology industries, along with the knowledge and capabilities to anticipate, plan for and react to the challenges and opportunities presented by emerging technologies like blockchain and the metaverse.
Role duration: Our Summer 2023 Internship Program runs from early May to late August/early September.
Role hours: Interns must be able to work 40 hours/week, Monday-Friday, on a 9 a.m.-to-5 p.m. Pacific Time schedule. Please do not apply if you cannot meet this requirement.
Role location: This role is available on a remote basis within the United States on Pacific Time.
ACCOUNTABILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
As an intern, you will…
- Learn the basics of high-level communications strategy and media relations
- Draft daily reports, build press lists, gather media clips, do media analyses and research projects, pitch reporters and copy-edit
- Draft online content; assist in creating digital strategy and social media content; track social media, email, ad copy, ad graphic copy, and website analytics as needed; and copy-edit
- Assist with a variety of communications- and team-related assignments and tasks as necessary
- Must be a rising college senior (or junior), postgraduate student or non-student
- Self-motivation, good organizational skills, detail-orientation, ability to prioritize, multi-task and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Strong writing abilities with the ability to write clear, public-facing materials, including blogs to tweets to research memos, quickly
- Digital savviness and ability to pick up new digital tools
- Capability to work with a team to meet group objectives
- Ability to communicate in a professional manner with the press and community contacts
- Demonstrated interest in the gaming, digital entertainment and technology industries
- Excellent computer skills including Google Suite products, Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- Strong social media skills
- Research and database skills
Salary: The compensation for this role is $18 per hour.
- 3 PTO (paid time off) days
- 3 paid wellness days
- Wellness days are to ensure interns have adequate time to take care of their mental, emotional, and physical health while PTO days are used for personal activities, such as a vacation
- Paid bank holidays
- Access to professional development programs geared specifically toward interns and individuals just beginning their careers
Application deadline: While we accept applications on a rolling basis, priority will be given to candidates who apply by March 20.
Have any other questions? Check out our FAQ document for more information!
*Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we cannot reply to all submissions. We will contact applicants directly with requests for interviews. Please do not email or call to check on the status of your application.