Collections Support Specialist
Posted on 3/21/2023
New York, NY, USA • Denver, CO, USA
- Strategy. Ability to think strategically, identify areas of opportunity and influence change across the Collections organization and the teams we work with
- Thought Process. An insatiable appetite for operational excellence, knack for structured thinking, project management, ability to spot unusual patterns, and sharp attention to detail
- Values. Driven by a strong moral compass, is objective yet compassionate and does the right thing every time
- Discipline. Excellent time management skills and ability to handle multiple projects/tasks simultaneously. Is extremely process and policy oriented
- Communication. Exceptional customer communication skills are essential
- Attitude. Goal-oriented, positive, and proactive. Comfortable in a fast-paced, operationally focused and results-oriented work environment. Willingness to lead by example and take on operational needs and collections cases
- Cure exposures. Work with customers to discuss their delinquent payments and resolution
- Cross functional collaboration and communication. Communicate with internal Gusto teams to assist with repayment of funds owed to Gusto
- Take actions in order to encourage timely payments. Discuss customer options to cure exposure and opportunities to reduce future exposures
- Strategy and Change Management. Follow the team Collections strategy and drive process measurement and improvement to identify and eliminate migration of exposure to severe delinquency. Work to improve the communication between internal Gusto Teams and our team
- Innovate. Be a subject matter expert in how Gusto Collections works and how money moves through our system
- Experience. 1-3 years of experience in the Small Business or Payments Collections field. points for SQL, Salesforce development knowledge and/or skip tracing experience
Cloud-based payroll, benefits, and human resource management solution
Gusto's mission is to help companies put people first. The company operates an online payroll, health benefits, and workers' compensation platform.
- It’s a marathon, not a sprint: Employees celebrating 5 or 10 years at Gusto enjoy a month-long sabbatical to travel and relax after all their hard work.
- Meals and conversations: Free meals, snacks, and drinks to keep us fueled, but more importantly: they bring people together and foster community.
- Wellness for every body: We’re proud to offer inclusive health care such as hormone treatments, gender-affirming surgery, therapy, family planning, and more.
- The time you need: Our flexible PTO policy means every employee is encouraged to take the time they need now to keep doing great work, long term.
- Family-friendly benefits: Fertility treatments, primary and secondary parental leave, sleep coaching, house cleaning for new parents, and more.
- Be well, be you: Get free, comprehensive medical, dental, and vision benefits, plus a monthly fitness stipend and mental health resources too.
Company Core Values
- Embody a service mindset: Never stop advocating for the needs of others.
- Dream big, then make it real: Be ambitious. Show and do is greater than tell and talk.
- Be proud of the how: Ensure deep integrity in everything you do.
- Embrace an ownership mentality: Take initiative to leave things better than you found them.
- Debate then commit: Share openly, question respectfully, and once a decision is made, commit fully.
- Build with humility: Put collective success before individual achievements.