Retail Regional Compliance Manager
Updated on 11/15/2023
Fantasy sports and online U.S. sportsbook
Fanduel is on a mission to make sports more exciting. The company provides a daily fantasy sports platform with a range of game types for players with a guaranteed prize pool for the winners.
Data & Analytics
New York, New York
Growth & Insights
6 month growth↑ 8%
1 year growth↑ 24%
2 year growth↑ 84%
Legal & Compliance
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience in a compliance, regulatory, legal or auditing environment
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a gaming and/or racing license and satisfy all regulatory requirements
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in legal or regulatory and compliance management preferred
- Previous experience within a gaming operations environment or similar is a plus
- Proven record of evaluating and deploying technology for facilitation and assurance of task management
- Excellent writing and communications skills, the ability to negotiate and persuade, and a sound understanding of corporate compliance and general business practices
- Become a subject matter expert on retail operations & compliance.
- Understand and review regulatory framework and complexities per state to support writing standard operational procedures and internal controls.
- Familiarize and understand the policies, procedures, and training within the retail organization.
- Build relationships with regulators, sportsbook management, access partners, and wider FanDuel Group compliance team.
- Escalate & report potential compliance issues and incidents and emergency procedures for retail compliance issues.
- Conduct site visits and complete checklists of policies/procedures to ensure retail compliance to regulations, internal controls and responsible gambling procedures.
- Document and present reports with a focus on key findings, trends and insights on checklist findings, identifying issues and opportunities to senior management.
- Work with central compliance team to continue the strive for Best-In-Class operational compliance.
- Continuous monitoring and review of state compliance and responsible gambling processes to identify new regulations and areas for improvement.
- Identify, develop and execute a project plan for enhancement of retail compliance training in conjunction with the wider retail compliance team.