We are seeking a highly-qualified IAM Architect to work in our Cybersecurity Team. The Identity Access Management Architect requires leadership and team management skills, along with deep technical expertise. The IAM Architect will be initiating and building Schonfeld’s IAM practice. This role will have a long-term goal of creating and curating a team to support the need of IAM.
The IAM Architect will support architecture, engineering, administration, and governance and will be tasked with ensuring IAM controls are applied to Schonfeld’s applications, services and infrastructure. This includes constructing and operating an entitlement request/review platform and ensuring we have a consistent approach to authentication and authorization across our systems and data.
The role is responsible for the initiation of a multi-faceted IAM program that governs provisioning, access, single sign-on (SSO), directory services and technical integrations, as well as supporting behavioral analytics. The IAM Architect is a subject matter expert for colleagues and is expected to deliver on line-of-business expectations.
What you’ll do
- Lead the company through IAM governance, policies, and solutions across SSO, directory, certificate, multi-factor authentication (MFA), privileged accounts, automation and behavior analytic systems.
- Work closely with Developers to ensure proper IAM practices are followed and implemented.
- In tandem with business units, support business metrics associated with IAM initiatives.
- Align operational policies and procedures in tandem with business leaders and technology partners.
- Be your own Project Manager and be able to work across the organization with your peers and management.
- Construct and carry out a strategic vision for rigorous and scalable IAM controls with key performance indicators.
- Work closely with our Governance, Risk and Compliance (GRC) team to conduct entitlement reviews.
- Work closely with an IAM engineer to help advise, mentor, and guide this individual.
- Work in tandem with security and technology leadership for annual strategic technology and budgetary directives.
What you’ll bring
What you need:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information assurance, MIS or related field, or equivalent industry experience.
- Highly technical and analytical, with a proven deep background in IAM technology design, implementation and delivery. Experience in IAM solutions both on-premises and in the cloud and is expected to be an expert in Authentication and Authorization.
- Extensive knowledge of SSO, MFA, Active Directory (AD), public key infrastructure (PKI), data authorization, privileged accounts and integration application program interface (API) capabilities.
- Experience administering IAM systems, access controls, security and risk management, as well as a security governance framework at scale.
- Familiarity with frontend security techniques and best-practices.
- API Gateway Security and Integration Layers
- Track record acting with integrity, taking pride in work, seeking to excel, being curious and adaptable, and communicating effectively.
- Experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS) is required.
- Customer Identity and Access Management Experience
- Working knowledge of Windows, Linux, Unix and industry-leading IAM solutions such as Single Sign On (SSO), Privileged Access Management(PAM) and Identity Governance & Administration (IGA) platforms.
- Self-motivated, directed and well-organized, with the vision to position controls in anticipation of threats.
- Highly trustworthy; leads by example.
We’d love if you had:
- Financial Services experience
- Experience with Authorization Platforms such as PlainID, Aserto, Okera, etc.
- Experience working with Application Development and familiarity with Open Policy Agent (OPA)
- CISSP or other relevant Cybersecurity certifications
The firm’s ethos is embedded in our people. ‘Talent is our strategy’ is our mantra and drives how we approach all initiatives at the firm. We believe our success is because of our people, so putting our talent above all else is our top priority.
Schonfeld strives to create an environment where our people can thrive. We foster a teamwork-oriented, collaborative environment where ideas at any level are encouraged and shared. The development and advancement of our talent is honed through interactions with each other, learning & educational offerings, and through opportunities to make impactful contributions. In our agile environment, engineers are expected to self-organize and collaborate on the best way to solve problems, and they are collectively responsible for the entire team’s delivery. Engineering teams are small and cross-functional, and value learning and knowledge sharing.
At Schonfeld, we strive to cultivate a sense of belonging throughout all of our employees with Diversity, Equity and Inclusion at the forefront of this mission. As a firm we are committed to creating a hiring process which is not only fair, but also welcoming and supportive. On a daily basis, our employees welcome diversity across identity, thought, people and views which serves as the foundation of our culture and success. You can learn more about our DEI initiatives here - Belonging @ Schonfeld.
Who we are
Schonfeld Strategic Advisors is a multi-manager platform that invests its capital with Internal and Partner portfolio managers, primarily on an exclusive or semi-exclusive basis, across four trading strategies; quantitative, fundamental equity, tactical trading and discretionary macro & fixed income. We have created a unique structure to provide global portfolio managers with autonomy, flexibility and support to best enable them to maximize the value of their businesses.
Over the last 30 years, Schonfeld has successfully capitalized on inefficiencies and opportunities within themarkets. We have developed and invested heavily in proprietary technology, infrastructure and risk analytics and continue to capitalize on new opportunities. In 2021 we launched our newest strategy, discretionary macro & fixed income as part of the continual growth of Schonfeld’s investible universe. Our portfolio exposure has expanded across the Americas, Europe and Asia as well as multiple asset classes and products.
The base pay for this role is expected to be between $150,000 and $250,000. The expected base pay range is based on information at the time this post was generated. This role may also be eligible for other forms of compensation such as a performance bonus and a competitive benefits package. Actual compensation for the successful candidate will be determined based on a variety of factors such as skills, qualifications, and experience.