Associate Chief of Staff
Confirmed live in the last 24 hours
Chicago, IL, USA
- Bachelor's Degree
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in an executive support, consulting, operations or similar function
- Expertise in Microsoft products including Outlook, Word, Excel required
- Strong interpersonal and diplomacy skills with a high comfort level in dealing with senior management, directors and individuals at all levels, including external vendors
- Strong writing and editing skills. Demonstrated ability to communicate ideas orally and in writing
- Exceptionally strong organizational skills with a demonstrated ability to deliver results in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to set priorities, handle multiple tasks, and meet deadlines
- Flexible and adaptable to rapidly changing priorities
- Ability to work independently, multi-task, be proactive and initiate action confidently with minimal supervision
- Ability to manage work and projects with a high level of accuracy and attention to detail
- High level of professionalism, good judgment and discretion in dealing with confidential situations
- Analytical, research, problem solving, decision-making and conflict resolution skills
- Tech-savvy, comfortable dealing with technology issues and proactive in finding ways to improve efficiency with available tools and resources
- Review incoming correspondence to help flag important items and ensure efficient allocation of CEO's time
- Ensure that the CEO has all necessary information for meetings (i.e., synthesize and prepare relevant documentation, coordinate agenda items), and record key takeaways
- Establish regular meeting cadence with CEO to conduct follow-ups and outline business priorities
- Track and provide tactical support for the execution and implementation of key initiatives and projects
- Conduct research necessary to provide insight and analysis on firm strategy and operations
- Communicate with other personnel at DRW to help implement the CEO's vision
- Assess incoming requests for CEO's time and work collaboratively with CEO's EA to ensure CEO's calendar is optimized
- You are proactive, collaborative, detail-oriented, highly organized and can effectively prioritize and manage competing tasks and requests
- You pride yourself on your tact and diplomacy, with your ability to use discretion, strong judgement and maintain confidentiality
- You have fantastic communication skills and experience communicating at all levels of the organization, particularly with senior executives
- You are an exemplary representative of the leaders you are supporting
- You are known for being hard working, persistent and determined. You love helping others stay organized and being a "right hand."
- You have a strong understanding of the business and will use this to help prioritize tasks and requests and initiate appropriate actions to ensure an effective use of the partner's time
- You like to 'problem solve' and welcome developing solutions to different problems that might arise
- You are able to manage personal administrative tasks as required by the partners in order to ensure that they are able to focus on important tasks at hand
Proprietary trading firm
DRW's mission is to build revolutionary finance. The company is doing this by building a system that applies modeling, technology and quantitative research to identify opportunities in the global financial markets.
- Daily catered breakfast & lunch
- Social events
- Gym subsidy
- Flexible work arrangements
- Monthly tastings
- Game room
- On-site yoga classes and meditation
- Employee led affinity groups
- Mentor/mentee outings
- Trivia nights
- Educational opportunities
- DRW-sponsored sports teams
- Poker tournament
- Private mother's suite
Company Core Values
- Integrity - In order to collaborate thoughtfully and build strong relationships, we value transparency and hold ourselves and our people accountable.
- Critical thought - We like solving problems and discussing technical and research topics. We question what we think we know.
- Learning - Continual growth and exploration, both formally and in our day-to-day interactions, helps build our skills individually and as a team.
- Challenge consensus - We achieve the highest standard of success by challenging our decision making every day. Our formula? Strong opinions, loosely held.
- Preparation - Always be prepared for the expected and the unexpected. We adapt as the markets evolve, and in-depth research helps us do that.
- Respect - Our work environment is diverse, and that diversity makes us stronger. We collaborate thoughtfully, and hold each other in high regard.
- Sense of urgency - In a fast-paced industry, we adapt and are always ready to act. Priorities shift, objectives evolve and we move quickly to adjust.