Join Axon and be a Force for Good.
At Axon, we’re on a mission to Protect Life. We’re explorers, pursuing society’s most critical safety and justice issues with our ecosystem of devices and cloud software. Like our products, we work better together. We connect with candor and care, seeking out diverse perspectives from our customers, communities and each other.
Life at Axon is fast-paced, challenging and meaningful. Here, you’ll take ownership and drive real change. Constantly grow as you work hard for a mission that matters at a company where you matter.
You will be a Program Manager of the Operations, Ecosystems, and New Ventures team. This team is responsible for aiding the VR team to shift from a tactically focused team to a strategically focused team on how we help grow and scale the business, though greater efficiency, insights, and new opportunities. As part of that, you will be focused on projects that contribute to that goal.
The Axon VR team deployed a revolutionary and “game changing” solution of hands-on training for Police Officers pairing Virtual Reality, Axon Products, and replica officer duty equipment. This ground breaking technology MUST get into the hands of public safety organizations worldwide. For that, we need you. You will be the critical link between our product and the officers in the field! You are the direct drive of our product into the market and tackling key challenges with managing forecasts and inventory alongside new product launch and in market product.
You will own deploying Axon VR, while managing the Sales Orders and product releases for the VR program. You will partner with our professional services team to support the product deployments, manage critical shipments, develop and/or improve the VR out-of-box experience with hardware, and work collaboratively with the team to ensure departments are supported with the on-site VR deployments. You will also partner with finance and supply chain to successfully manage VR inventory for product release and meeting key revenue goals with the product deployments.
Additionally, you will own key Sales Operational initiatives for the XR team by releasing product to meet quarterly shipment goals, owning the VR purchase order request process, invoicing, and vendor management processes. You will work with cross-departmental teams to ensure quotes, SalesForce opportunities, and Sales Orders are accurate prior to being released. You will partner with Axon shipping teams in order to maintain efficient packaging methods and best practices for releasing and shipping the VR product.
This role is comprised of several cross-functional responsibilities that will require you to constantly partner within the VR team and across the broader Axon organization. You will own ensuring the VR team is prepared for the day-to-day operations by planning and managing large scale VR events such as TASER Master Instructor School and various Axon user conferences such as Axon Accelerate and TASERCON. You will partner with other Program Managers in the XR team to develop team process and bring it to life. These processes will be used daily in our operations as we continue to grow the team.
Our end-state for you is to ensure our customers receive the product on time, our internal teams are supported to deploy the product correctly, Axon VR events are smoothly executed, and our VR team is supported in daily operational aspects which increasing the efficiency of project planning and process development. We want you to join the team to be THE subject matter expert on the behind the scenes of the VR product.
What You’ll Do:
- Responsible for building effective and efficient team procedures, developing and executing supplier strategies, and driving operational efficiencies leading to successful financial, operational, and compliance results with the VR product.
- Lead regular planning and review sessions with key stakeholders, providing clear expectations and accountability while anticipating and mitigating risks ahead of time for multiple high visibility projects across different programs.
- Manage and support the VR team invoicing process and develop continuing partnerships with our legal department on Master Service Agreements and new partnership contracts.
- Own the operational deployment of the VR products and support Professional Services in their on-site deployments.
- Own the physical inventory forecasting for the VR Product where you will also develop shipping schedules and support for our product teams in the field.
- Manage day to day tactical level operations for the VR team, including software and hardware ownership, to ensure smooth and efficient operations internally to the VR team. Additionally, developing the operational standards of team development and organizational management.
- Collaborate with Axon business and VR leaders to define vision, scope, and delivery timelines and life-cycle for special project deliverables, and help bring these projects to fruition.
- Work closely with VR leadership, Marketing, Events Planning, and the Training Team to lead event planning for VR events, ensuring that all events are well-organized and successful.
What You Bring
- 4+ years work experience as a project manager or operations experience
- Bachelor degree in Business Management, Operations, Supply Chain management preferred.
- High degree of competency and proven success with project management including: Agile methodology, identifying and managing risks, tracking dependencies and milestones, and communicating overall project status.
- Experience in product deployment and team operations
- Excellent communication skills and ability to communicate with all levels of stakeholders, including executive leaders
- Can establish 0-1 process templates where current standards do not exist.
Compensation and Benefits
- Competitive salary and 401K with employer match
- Discretionary paid time off
- Robust parental leave policy
- An award-winning office/working environment
- Ride along with real police officers in real life situations, see them use technology, get inspired
- And more...
The Pay: Axon is a total compensation company, meaning compensation is made up of base pay, bonus, and stock awards. The starting base pay for this role is between USD 100,000 in the lowest geographic market and USD 160,000 in the highest geographic market. The on target earnings range for this role is between USD 120,000 in the lowest geographic market and USD 180,000 in the highest geographic market. The actual base pay is dependent upon many factors, such as: level, function, training, transferable skills, work experience, business needs, geographic market, and often a combination of all these factors. Our benefits offer an array of options to help support you physically, financially and emotionally through the big milestones and in your everyday life. To see more details on our benefits offerings please visit www.axon.com/careers/benefits.
Don’t meet every single requirement? That’s ok. At Axon, we Aim Far. We think big with a long-term view because we want to reinvent the world to be a safer, better place. We are also committed to building diverse teams that reflect the communities we serve.
Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they check every box in the job description. If you’re excited about this role and our mission to Protect Life but your experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification listed here, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
The above job description is not intended as, nor should it be construed as, exhaustive of all duties, responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with this job. The job description may change or be supplemented at any time in accordance with business needs and conditions.
Some roles may also require legal eligibility to work in a firearms environment.
Axon’s mission is to Protect Life and is committed to the well-being and safety of its employees as well as Axon’s impact on the environment. All Axon employees must be aware of and committed to the appropriate environmental, health, and safety regulations, policies, and procedures. Axon employees are empowered to report safety concerns as they arise and activities potentially impacting the environment.
We are an equal opportunity employer that promotes justice, advances equity, values diversity and fosters inclusion. We’re committed to hiring the best talent — regardless of race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, genetic information, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances — and empowering all of our employees so they can do their best work. If you have a disability or special need that requires assistance or accommodation during the application or the recruiting process, please email [email protected]. Please note that this email address is for accommodation purposes only. Axon will not respond to inquiries for other purposes.