San Mateo, California
6 month growth↑ 9%
1 year growth↑ 27%
2 year growth↑ 73%
- 1 to three years of proven success in defining and delivering market-leading software products
- Engineering or other technical educational background
- Detail-oriented with exceptional written and oral communication skills
- Passion for speaking with customers and learning from them
- Engage with customers and internal stakeholders to understand core business problems
- Collaborate closely with other PM leaders to develop impactful end-to-end customer workflow
- Work closely with designers and engineering teams to execute on product vision
- Collaborate closely with sales and customer success to build and maintain close customer relationships
- Partner with product marketing to develop launch plans and product positioning
- Drone experience
- An advanced degree or an MBA
- Dedicated team player
Skydio is the leading US drone company and the world leader in autonomous flight, the key technology for the future of drones and aerial transportation. The Skydio team combines deep expertise in artificial intelligence, best-in-class hardware and software product development, and operational excellence to empower a broader, more diverse audience of drone users - from first responders to insurance claims adjusters, utilities, and more!
About the role:
By combining best-in-class autonomy and cloud connectivity, drones will become critical and ubiquitous infrastructure that can be deployed and monitored in real-time to solve a variety of problems faster, cheaper, and safer than ever before. As a Product Manager on the Hardware and Situational Awareness PM team, you will take ownership of a product/feature from research, definition to a potential launch. Your work will span across user-facing software/hardware features as well as underlying system capabilities, including UI/UX, autonomy software, and sensor capabilities. You’ll ensure that we are building and delivering the right products and features for our entire range of customers.
How you’ll make an impact:
- Engage with customers and internal stakeholders to understand core business problems, develop deep understanding of customer needs and define product requirements.
- Collaborate closely with other PM leaders to develop an impactful end-to-end customer workflow for Skydio’s controller software and drone capabilities
- Work closely with designers and engineering teams spanning hardware, firmware, computer vision, AI, and machine learning to execute on our product vision and deliver a first-class user experience.
- Collaborate closely with sales and customer success to build and maintain close customer relationships and ensure success.
- Partner with product marketing to develop launch plans and product positioning and messaging.
What makes you a good fit:
- 1 to three years of proven success in defining and delivering market-leading software products, including specific experience leading development of compelling user-facing software for complex, electronic hardware products. Drone experience is a plus but not required.
- Engineering or other technical educational background that makes you at home in deep discussions with engineers on complex technical architecture challenges and tradeoffs.
- An advanced degree or an MBA is a plus but not required, but experience and ability to assess and deliver a business-driven product recommendations is critical.
- Detail-oriented with exceptional written and oral communication skills.
- Dedicated team player who strives to enable others to do their best work.
- A passion for speaking with -- and learning from -- customers
Compensation Range: The hourly rate for this position is $41/hr for Undergrad and $53/hr for Graduate students* Compensation will vary based on factors, including skill level, proficiencies, transferable knowledge, and experience.
*For some positions the pay may be dependent upon the individual’s regional location.
At Skydio we believe that diversity drives innovation. We have created a multidisciplinary environment that embraces the power of diverse perspectives to create elegant solutions for complex problems. We are committed to growing our network of people, programs, and resources to nurture an inclusive culture.
As such, we do not make hiring or other employment-related decisions on the basis of an applicant or employee’s race, color, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, sex/gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, age, religion, disability status, sexual orientation, marital status, medical condition, genetic information or characteristics, veteran, military or family status, or other classifications protected by applicable federal, state or local anti-discrimination laws.
For positions located in the United States of America, Skydio, Inc. uses E-Verify to confirm employment eligibility. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit https://www.e-verify.gov/