Government Affairs Manager
Confirmed live in the last 24 hours
Washington, DC, USA
- BA/BS required
- At least 5-7 years of relevant experience, including within government or private sector policy experience
- Keen understanding on executing broad government relations strategy as well as developing and implementing U.S. legislation, regulations, and other policies
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and experience creating and effectively delivering factual, relevant, and easily understandable talking points and other messaging
- Ability to maintain the highest personal levels of ethical conduct, confidentiality, and integrity
- Support federal government affairs strategy to set the agenda with the executive and legislative branches, and other government regulatory agencies as needed
- Manage consultants and coordinate advocacy work with trade associations, outside consultants, and policy related organizations
- Educate effectively Members of Congress, agency officials and their staff on policy priorities, including but not limited to display technologies, technological innovation and roadmap, and supply chain resiliency
- Work collaboratively with our business, policy teams, and other internal operations teams to ensure alignment between business priorities and public policy goals
- Assess and communicate potential government activities back to the business, develop mitigation or enhancement strategies and positions, and help coordinate external advocacy efforts, outreach programs, and key initiatives in concert with business objectives
- Engage proactively and reactively with government officials and regulators at the local, state and federal levels regarding our current and future products to ensure that we are able to operate successfully and fairly
- Serve as an effective advocate for Samsung and our customers on key policy matters and craft positions for the company that will establish it publicly as a thought leader and innovator
- Partner with internal teams to represent Samsung on outreach events, public affairs opportunities, and other engagement opportunities
- Monitor legislative and regulatory activities, and determine effects on Samsung
- Familiarity with the issues affecting the semiconductor industry
- Experience working on national security, intelligence, or defense policy
- Demonstrated ability to be both a substantive issue expert on matters related to Samsung's business and a manager of complex regulatory and political issues
- Experience identifying and understanding key technical aspects pertaining to corporate operations, understanding business implications, synthesizing information for internal and external customers, and recommending a best course of action
- Demonstrated ability to effectively and comfortably interact at the highest corporate, legislative, regulatory agency, and other government levels
- Be willing and able to travel both domestically and abroad
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Strong organizational skills: ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and able to react to shifting priorities to meet business needs
- Cooperative, flexible, team-oriented attitude
One of the world's largest producers of electronic devices
Samsung's mission is to devote its talent and technology to creating superior products and services that contribute to a better global society. Samsung produces a wide range of electronic devices and is ranked as a top 10 global brand.
- Comprehensive healthcare: Medical, Dental, Vision, Employee assistance program, Telehealth services
- Work life success: PTO, FlexTime, FlexPlace, FlexYourFriday
- Financial wellness: Health savings account, Flexible spending acounts, 401(k), Student loan support, Tuition assistance
- Family first: Pregnancy support, Adoption assistance program, Paid child caregiver leave, Milk stork, WINFertility
- Incentives: Fitness reimbursement, Annual physical. Preventative screenings, Lifestyle management
Company Core Values
- People: Quite simply, a company is its people. At Samsung, we’re dedicated to giving our people a wealth of opportunities to reach their full potential.
- Excellence: Everything we do at Samsung is driven by an unyielding passion for excellence and an unfaltering commitment to develop the best products and services on the market
- Change: As we have done since our foundation, we set our sights on the future, anticipating market needs and demands so we can steer our company toward long-term success.
- Integrity: Operating in an ethical way is the foundation of our business. Everything we do is guided by a moral compass that ensures fairness, respect for all stakeholders and complete transparency.
- Co-prosperity: Samsung is committed to becoming a socially and environmentally responsible corporate citizen in all of its communities worldwide.