The Senior Human Resources Business Partner and Talent Management Lead is the Business Partner to the Technology, Product and Marketing organizations (approximately 150 employees). This role is to enhance TeleTracking’s distinct culture and ensures the business has the talent and people processes that drive high performance and employee engagement and retention.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Strategic Business Partner serves as a trusted advisor on people-related issues including talent management, employee relations, performance management, coaching, and employee engagement.
- Talent Management: champions Tele’s culture by aligning business objectives to people programs by working across functions and in partnership with business leaders. This includes driving organizational design efforts, career pathing, training and development, performance management and succession planning.
- Lead People and Culture strategic initiatives as required.
- Partner with Compensation and Benefits to proactively design compensation and wellness programs.
Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Business, or Leadership required.
EXPERIENCE & SKILLS
- 8+ years of human resources business partner experience with a high-tech company with an in-depth knowledge of talent management development and execution.
- Strong technology driven background with experience leading and developing high-performance teams.
- Outstanding ability to be a trusted advisor to client groups to drive people strategy (talent management, talent selection, organizational design, strategic initiatives).
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to influence and drive consensus. Strong communication skills.
- Strategic thinker with ability to provide creative people and culture inputs support the business strategy with the ability to deliver quick results without compromising on quality and delivery.
- Comfortable working with constant deadlines with the ability to manage multiple tasks at one time.
- Demonstrated skills in analytics.
- Comfort with ambiguity, ability to act without having the whole picture using sound judgment and strong decision-making skills.
WHO ARE WE
For over 30 years, TeleTracking has been operating with a simple mission, to ensure that no one waits for the care they need. Our state-of-the-art technology, combined with actionable best practices and a strong advisory services team, means that we provide the critical operational components required to build a responsive, resilient healthcare system. One of those key components is the centralization of hospital operations…the ability to see in real-time everything from the number of available beds to receive and treat patients to the number of pieces of available medical equipment. TeleTracking values people with an entrepreneurial spirit, creativity and building strong relationships with our employees. We believe that diversity, equity, and inclusion in our workforce keeps us competitive and provides opportunities for everyone.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The term "qualified individual with a disability" means an individual with a disability who, with or without reasonable accommodation, can perform the essential functions of the position. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to communicate professionally in person, over the telephone, through email and other electronic means, move about the office, handle various types of media and equipment, and visually or otherwise identify observe and assess. The employee is occasionally required to lift up to 10 pounds unless otherwise specified in the job description.
TeleTracking has a COVID-19 vaccination policy which mandates vaccination or an approved exemption due to religious or medical reasons. We require all newly hired U.S.-based employees, regardless of full-time, part-time, temporary, intern, exempt, non-exempt, or any other status or classification and regardless of work or remote work location to be fully vaccinated and any offer from TeleTracking is contingent on being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to starting your employment. Any accommodation request will be objectively considered in accordance with the Federal, State, and Local laws on a case-by-case basis.
TeleTracking is committed to providing equal employment opportunity to all people in all aspects of the employment relationship, without discrimination because of race, age, sex, color, religion, national origin, disability or status as a Vietnam era or special disabled veteran or any other unlawful basis, as defined by applicable law, and fostering a workplace free of unlawful discrimination and retaliation. This policy affects decisions including, but not limited to, hiring, compensation, benefits, terms and conditions of employment, opportunities for promotion, transfer, layoffs, return from a layoff, training and development, and other privileges of employment.
An integral part of TeleTracking’s commitment is to comply with all applicable federal, state, and local laws concerning equal employment and affirmative action.