Senior Android Engineer
Posted on 3/4/2023
Remote • United States
- 5-10 years of software development experience developing user-facing mobile native applications at scale, using Kotlin
- Experience in Jetpack Compose
- Strong organizational skills, the ability to prioritize tasks and keep projects on schedule
- Entrepreneurial spirit. You are self-directed, innovative, and biased towards action in fast-paced environments. You love to build new things and thrive in ambiguity and even failure
- Excellent communication skills. You collaborate effectively with teams in a fully remote environment and discuss complex topics with technical and non-tech
- You're autonomous and decisive, taking full ownership of and responsibility for your work
- You have passion for learning and continuously work to improve your skills
- Work cross-functionally with product, design, and other engineering counterparts to execute on product and business strategy and build novel products and features that our users will love
- Contribute to the full development cycle: technical design, development, test, experimentation, analysis, and launch. You'll be reviewing code and design docs, giving feedback on product specs and mocks
- Help build and pioneer initiatives to allow the next 500 million redditors to find communities, belonging and empowerment on Reddit
- Participate with a team of thoughtful, fast-moving, and motivated engineers. Contribute to standards that improve developer workflows and recommend best practices
- Continuously learn and improve your technical and non-technical abilities
- Additional knowledge around GraphQL, REST, HTTP basics, and the ability to design maintainable APIs is a plus
Social news website & forum
Reddit's mission is to bring community and belonging to everyone in the world. The company operates a social news website and forum where content is socially curated by members.
- Comprehensive health benefits
- Flexible unlimited vacation days & monthly global wellness days
- Family planning funds & 4+ months paid parental leave
- Personal & professional development funds
- Paid volunteer time off
- Workspace & home office benefits
Company Core Values
- Evolve: Only by continually improving and learning will we succeed.
- Add Value: We constantly evaluate our work to ensure it’s adding value and bringing us closer to achieving our mission. It’s easy to fall into the trap of conflating activity with value. Adding value requires hard work, but not all hard work is valuable.
- Default: Open The free flow of ideas and feedback is the lifeblood of a healthy organization, and Reddit must embrace it if we are to thrive.