Chief Systems Architect - Containers
Posted on 3/17/2022
Ashburn, VA, USA
Data Structures & Algorithms
Google Cloud Platform
- 12 or more years of work experience with a Bachelor's Degree or at least 10 years of work experience with an Advanced degree (e.g. Masters/MBA /JD/MD), or a minimum of 5 years of work experience with a PhD
- Proficiency in one or more one or two programing language (preferred Golang or Python) and Ansible backed by solid computer science fundamentals
- 3+ years of hands-on experience with containers in production environment - Docker, Openshift, Kubernetes preferred
- 3+ years of experience managing production Kubernetes infrastructure with Calico or Cilium CNI, CSI drivers
- Experience managing ServiceMesh (Istio) and Envoy
- Lead the Container Architecture , strategy & roadmap adhering to best practices and security
- Responsible for intake and solutioning phase of new conatiner workloads
- Be evangelist of containers and work closely with Buisness, Security, Engineering and Operations teams to drive container adoption
- Conduct POCs and pilots to demonstrate feasibility of new capabilities and emerging technologies in the container space
- Provide advance level support to engineering and operations
- Actively participate in communities/forums/guilds on containers
- 15 or more years of experience with a Bachelor's Degree or 12 years of experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, or MD), PhD with 9+ years of experience
- Experience with service-oriented architecture, microservice-based HTTP applications and servers with a deep understanding of
- Experience using and optimizing monitoring and trending systems, log aggregation systems (ELK, Splunk, Fluentd/Fluentbit), and their agents
- Strong understanding of object-oriented programming and architectural design patterns and a good grasp of multithreading, synchronization, data structures & algorithms and cloud programming
- Understanding of pipeline architecture and deployments into Kubernetes environments using tools such as ArgoCD (preferred) or FluxCD or Jenkins X
- Able to understand the security tools and best practices: CIS Benchmarking, OS hardening, vulnerability scanning, system auditing
- Experience in working/automating with at least one public cloud deployments cloud ecosystems (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud)
- Experience performing full stack load testing in order to identify and address hardware, network, system, or application bottlenecks
- Demonstrated experience with open-source infrastructure as code software and automation software development tools including Terraform, Terragrunt, env0, Ansible, Python, Chef, Puppet or Salt
- Experience in opensource projects contributing and commiting code to upstream opensource projects
- Exceptional collaboration and partnership skills with the ability to work in a global environment and drive consensus in cross-functional teams
Leading credit card company
Visa's mission is to remove barriers and connect more people to the global economy. The company provides end-to-end financial infrastructure.
- Health Insurance.
- Life Insurance.
- Dental Insurance.
- Disability Insurance.
- Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance.
- Integrity: Doing well by doing right.
- People: Behind payments are people.
- Innovation: Pioneering with a purpose.
- Clients: Keeping clients in focus.
- Collaboration: Pulling ahead by pulling together.