Learning & Implementation Manager
Confirmed live in the last 24 hours
San Francisco, CA, USA
- 6+ years of experience with learning and development strategy and design
- 3+ years of experience with building and leading teams
- Strong people management skills--you're passionate and knowledgeable when it comes to developing your direct reports, and are excited to grow a world-class organization
- Analytical backbone--you eagerly gather and present data for sound decision-making and the ongoing tracking of success metrics
- Proactive problem solving--you're excited to find opportunities for improvement, and you're motivated to lead initiatives from start to finish
- Excellent communication skills--whether to your team, company leaders, or external partners, you can efficiently and clearly present ideas, updates and results with ease
- Strong stakeholder management skills--you know how to leverage the skills of multiple disparate teams, including improving processes you don't directly own
- Comfort with ambiguity--in ever-changing situations, you approach initiatives with positivity and lead your team successfully through their completion
- Protect and serve our communities by building, managing, and scaling a robust and comprehensive Learning & Implementation team
- Own sensitive initiatives from initial conception through implementation across multiple focus areas, including the design and implementation of live and modularized training as well as content strategy and ongoing maintenance
- Work closely with Policy, Product, Engineering, and Trust & Safety teams in the development of operational policies, tools, and solutions
- Collaborate with external partners to represent the Trust & Safety organization
- Regularly communicate and present to leadership on key initiatives and metrics for your team
- Master's degree in a related field
- Experience in the internet safety, general compliance and/or teen safety spaces
- Six Sigma Certification
- Familiarity with Discord
Gaming communication platform
Discord's mission is to build an easy-to-use communication service that gives people a place to talk, build relationships, and belong.
- Stay healthy - We take care of our team with comprehensive Medical, Dental, and Vision plans.
- Parental perks - Spend some quality time with the next generation with parental leave, fertility, adoption, and surrogacy benefits.
- Kick back - Stay refreshed with over 19 paid holidays, use-what-you-need sick days, and four weeks of PTO.
- Commute easy - In a non-COVID world, get up to $270 per month for your commuting and parking needs.
- The loadout - When we’re back in the office, enjoy daily catered lunches and snacks, a desk fund to make your space yours, and whatever you need for your computer setup, including a headphone allowance.
- Wellness on us - Take advantage of a quarterly wellness allowance for your gym membership or other wellness activities. Virtual yoga every week!
- Transgender benefits - Discord will reimburse up to $20,000 for any procedure related to transition.
- Discord HQ - Our office is located in Potrero Hill, a little neighborhood in San Francisco near awesome coffee and food.
- Relocation - Excellent relocation bonuses for new hires moving to San Francisco (once it’s safe to return).
Company Core Values
- Upside Down Leadership
- Small & Mighty Teams
- Unleash Talent
- It’s a marathon, not a sprint