Global HR Compliance and Mobility Manager
Posted on 1/6/2023
San Carlos, CA, USA
- 8+ years of experience in leading global mobility/immigration and HR policies and compliance
- Expert in global and U.S immigration policies and keeping up with the continuous evolution
- Experience with visa transfers and sponsorships project management
- Experience partnering with external immigration providers and legal counsels with a strong track record with vendor and supplier partnership
- A deep sense of empathy and understanding for the needs of diverse groups of people
- Attention to detail is a must in immigration matters
- Experience in the development, implementation, and administration of corporate-level policies
- Working knowledge of global employment policies, experience in researching global employment laws, and implementing and monitoring compliance programs
- Knowledge of applicable laws and regulations related to employment and HR compliance globally (e.g. Data Privacy, GDPR, FLSA, EEOC…)
- Knowledge of best practices/emerging developments in the global employment laws area
- Advanced competency in core professional skills, especially attention to detail, responsiveness, follow-through, flexibility, and initiative
- Develop and drive global strategy for immigration and mobility
- Create processes and governance that can scale our operations as we add more locations, complexity, and headcount; partner closely with HRBPs, People Operations, Total Rewards, Stock Administration, Payroll, Tax, and Legal
- Oversee immigration case management with external vendors (e.g. immigration counsel, PEO vendor)
- Serve as a subject matter expert for immigration and mobility, and field questions from managers and employees related to our philosophy and policies
- Ensure compliance with applicable company policies and global governmental and/or regulatory requirements through effective management of our internal stakeholders as well as our external delivery partners (e.g., relocation, tax, immigration, etc.)
- Stay abreast of global employment laws and update to compliance regulations, communicate the updates
- Maintain employee handbook and policies and procedures manual for all regions; work with subject matter experts for major handbook and policy revisions
- Manage the creation of global HR policies/programs in accordance with applicable laws and regulations AAP, ADA, FMLA, OSHA, FLSA, EEOC, Privacy Regulations, and comparable regulations outside of the U.S
- Conduct internal audits to ensure compliance with our systems, policies, and processes
- Oversee and lead policies/compliance related projects and initiatives; develop, implement and administer global policies and compliance
Data analytics for enterprises
Alation is a hyper-growth startup leading the Machine Learning Data Catalog space with an innovative product, passionate customers, and a team of people all working towards a common goal: to change the way people work with data.
- Health and wellness package
- Vacation and time off
- 401(k), performing bonus, and company equity
- Promote from within; lunch and learns
- Commuter benefit program, company outings, happy hours, certain meals provided
Company Core Values
- Move the Ball: Taking action, whether it’s effecting a partial solution or taking a small step forward instead of a big one.
- Listen Like You’re Wrong: Listening with an open mind, trying to understand others’ perspectives before sharing your own.
- Build for the Long-Term: Taking the time to lay solid foundations for future success.
- Measure Success Through Customer Impact: The team ultimately measures themselves by the impact they achieve. They strive for fairness and kindness in all interactions.