HR Business Partner
Confirmed live in the last 24 hours
Chicago, IL, USA
- Minimum 2 years of experience in HR, engagement, learning & development, or similar
- SHRM or PHR certification preferred
- Bachelor's Degree or higher level of education; or equivalent experience
- Outstanding organizational skills, close attention to detail, and the ability to multi-task are must-haves
- Strong data reporting and analytics skills and track record of deriving valuable insights from data
- Proactive problem-solver capable of identifying issues, generating solutions and executing on them
- Can work independently while also being a team player with a can-do attitude
- Strong experience with Microsoft Office, specifically Excel, Outlook and Powerpoint
- Partner with senior leaders across multiple departments to:
- Develop and own employee engagement and learning & development initiatives within those departments
- Assist with managing performance and coaching managers within those departments
- Conduct stay interviews and assist in conducting roundtables
- Ideate and strategize ways to improve the employee experience
- Compile and analyze data to support HR, recruitment and senior management
- Collaborate on employee engagement initiatives, including our wellness program, social events and more
- Own other HR processes and initiatives as needed, such as the company newsletter, introductory reviews, and global data reporting
- Receive and address employee inquiries regarding company policies and procedures
- Continuously look for opportunities to improve our HR processes
- Maintain a high level of confidentiality at all times
Trading firm specializing in derivatives market-making
Akuna Capital is a proprietary trading firm specializing in derivatives market making and sophisticated modeling with a commitment to cutting-edge technology.
- Generous Paid Leave Policies - Vacation leave starting at 20 days per year that increases based on tenure, flexible sick leave, primary carer’s leave starting at 12 weeks, and volunteer time off.
- Medical & Retirement Packages - 100% coverage of monthly premiums for employees enrolled in Akuna’s BlueCross BlueShield offerings and dental and vision plans, as well as a 401(k) plan with company match.
- Wellness & Inclusion - Our employees have access to complimentary fitness and mindfulness events both in-person and virtually, as well as an in-building gym in our Chicago office. Additionally, our employee-led Culture Committee works together to continue building a healthy, positive, and inclusive work environment.
- Continuing Education - We are proud to offer firm-wide classes through our Akuna U program, access to webinars, digital books, and case studies via Safari, opportunities to attend conferences, and tuition reimbursements to make sure you keep learning!
- Social Events - We host happy hours, team outings and poker nights, sponsor a variety of employee-led clubs and sports teams, and offer volunteer opportunities to all employees.
- Kitchen & Games Room - Catch up over a coffee made to order by our in-house barista and grab a bite to eat in our stocked kitchen, or challenge a fellow coworker to a friendly ping pong match in our games room!
- Referral Bonuses - We want to reward you for helping us grow our awesome, hard-working team.
Company Core Values
- Rapid innovation through new technologies
- Collaborative flow of knowledge
- A thirst for individual growth and opportunity