Based in Menlo Park, CA, Cyngn is a publicly-traded autonomous vehicle company. Whether at a warehouse floor, mine, or construction site, our self-driving technology can be deployed at a variety of commercial domains, across a variety of vehicle form-factors. To build this emergent technology, we are looking for innovative, motivated, and experienced leaders to join our team and move this field forward. If you like to build, tinker, and create with a team of trusted and passionate colleagues, then Cyngn is the place for you. Key reasons to join Cyngn:
We are Small and Big.
With under 100 employees, Cyngn is still a company that operates with the energy of a startup. On the other hand, we are publicly traded. Combined, our employees not only work in close-knit teams with close mentorship from company leaders, they also get access to the liquidity of our publicly-traded equity. This gives our small team the opportunity to make a big impact in industries that other people aren’t touching — without taking on the risks associated with untested organizations.
We Build Today and Deploy Tomorrow.
Our employees aren’t just researchers but are creating reality. In other words, the autonomous vehicles we’re building are designed to go to real clients right away. We are driven by our passion for innovation and the ability to see the entire product and the real impact of our work out in the real world. At Cyngn, the distance between the theoretical and the actual is razor-thin.
We aren’t robots. We just build them.
Go read our glassdoor reviews and you’ll find that one of the best things about working here is the people. We are an inclusive, diverse team of top talent with exceptional synergy. We thrive on open collaboration and a trusting and creative work environment that is fueled by our passion for the industry. At Cyngn, everyone’s voice is valued and each of our unique perspectives is celebrated. It’s the people that allow our company to continue to grow bigger and better every day.
About This Role
As an autonomy software engineer you will contribute to various projects across our autonomy stack. You will collaborate cross-functionally with subsystem specialists, hardware engineers, as well as product managers to design, build, and support software features across multiple codebases for autonomous vehicle control, path planning, calibration, mapping & localization, and perception.
- Design and implement software for autonomous vehicle applications, infrastructure, and tooling
- Improve code quality and software architecture through code and design review
- Analyze and draw insights from vehicle data through the development of monitoring and logging tools
- Identify, root cause, and address software bugs, bottlenecks, and other issues
- MS/PhD in Computer Science, Robotics, or similar technical field of study, or equivalent practical experience
- Strong programming skills in C++ (14 and 17)
- Proficiency in Python
- Strong fundamentals in mathematics - geometry, linear algebra, probability, calculus, etc.
- Experience working with Linux systems
- Strong written & verbal communication skills
- Familiarity with standard robotics sensing technologies - LiDAR, cameras, IMU, GPS, wheel encoders, etc.
- Basic understanding of robotics concepts in perception, mapping, localization, motion planning, controls, etc.
- Experience working with ROS to design, build, and operate robotic systems
- Experience debugging OS-related issues with drivers, installations, package control, file descriptors, etc.
- Contributions to open source projects or code that we can review
- Experience with Firmware and Embedded systems is a plus
- $170,000 to $230,000 base salary (highly experienced)
Benefits & Perks
- Health benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, HSA and FSA (Health & Dependent Daycare), Employee Assistance Program, 1:1 Health Concierge)
- Life, Short-term and long-term disability insurance (Cyngn funds 100% of premiums)
- Company 401(k)
- Commuter Benefits
- Flexible vacation policy
- Remote or hybrid work opportunities
- Stock options for all full-time employees
- Sabbatical leave opportunity after 5 years with the company
- Paid Parental Leave
- Daily lunches for in-office employees and fully-stocked kitchen with snacks and beverages
- Monthly meal and tech allowances for remote employees
- Allowance to purchase new headphones when you join!